Week 10 Polls

MCMLXXX

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Davidson’s run was incredible because it was Davidson, and not Dayton/VCU/StBonneventure/SLU/StJoes/etc... other normal front runner schools that are ranked &/or consistently getting into the Tournament.  

Just saying... maybe you could have chosen a different example school.

I picked a good school. UMass is not a regular front runner in a slightly better conference, no different than Davidson so you kind of made my point about the conference. If TCU/ Pitt/ Ole Miss/ Washington State/ Minnesota make a run, it's just an unusual power conference member making a run but not incredible like Davidson. If an unusual A10 member makes a run, it's incredible. The strength of that conference lies solely in the individual reputation of 3-4 members and has nothing to do with the conference's reputation. Thus why calling the A10 a basketball power is a stretch.

GM would not leave to go to UMass or other bottom feeder at an average conference unless they're local. If you ask me, he's only at UNT because of Texas and DFW. He's not leaving those two things for a slightly better conference unless the school itself is a power.

I know I said I was done but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2