DRC: Nate Brown will not return next season, per source

Brett Vito

26 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Hopefully this is because he got a better gig because I felt our secondary really made a positive step this year and hate to see him go. 

There was def a positive step up, and some or all of it def had to do with the improvement on the DL.

Best wishes to Coach Brown.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Hopefully this is because he got a better gig because I felt our secondary really made a positive step this year and hate to see him go. 

Thanks to Reffett

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Thanks to Reffett

Well, Reffett had a dline that could do what he wanted for the most part.  With the graduations we have this year and the talent leaving, I am worried our defense could take huge steps back, especially since we're losing guys in all stages of defense with the front, the back, and the middle.

• Upvote 1

You could kinda see it happening on BTG as well.   
You see coach Koonz very active with his LBs.  You see coach Yellock very active with his DLs, but for any secondary "coach-up"s, they were always coming from Reff (granted, Safeties are his position to coach, but he was also coaching up Brooks & Hall pretty hard as well). 
Coach Brown was virtually silent.   I don't think this was a Coach Choice-like scenario.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...