UTEP (1/10/19)

CMJ

All I am saying is....should we win these next two on the road, I'll be disappointed if we don't average 5K for Rice and UAB.  At that point we'd be 17-1 and probably knocking on the door of the Top 25.  If that doesn't start to fill up the Super Pit, nothing will.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, CMJ said:

All I am saying is....should we win these next two on the road, I'll be disappointed if we don't average 5K for Rice and UAB.  At that point we'd be 17-1 and probably knocking on the door of the Top 25.  If that doesn't start to fill up the Super Pit, nothing will.

I think you’ll see another bump in attendance if/when we make the dance. ESP if there’s ever a S16 appearance.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

19 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think if we come back at 17-1 we average 6k for the 3 game homestand. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'd hope so, but 5K is the bare minimum that would be acceptable.

I am wondering when some of the previous GoMeanGreen.com members that used to attend every home game will come back. If there ever was a great time to attend Mean Green home basketball games, this is it, and the home crowd seems to make a positive difference for the team and their performance. We have seen on Twitter/Facebook, etc. that the players definitely pay attention to the crowd size and crowd support. Rose even gave a Twitter shout out to last night's  (Southern Miss game) crowd for their support.

Also wondering when the students might embrace this team and start coming to the games in much higher numbers.

Crowd size is growing, and the attendance for the last few games has been outstanding.  Here's hoping that continues and grows.

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 8

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I am wondering when some of the previous GoMeanGreen.com members that used to attend every home game will come back. If there ever was a great time to attend Mean Green home basketball games, this is it, and the home crowd seems to make a positive difference for the team and their performance. We have seen on Twitter/Facebook, etc. that the players definitely pay attention to the crowd size and crowd support. Rose even gave a Twitter shout out to last night's  (Southern Miss game) crowd for their support.

Also wondering when the students might embrace this team and start coming to the games in much higher numbers.

Crowd size is growing, and the attendance for the last few games has been outstanding.  Here's hoping that continues and grows.

To be fair - some of us live quite far from Denton.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I brought the family on a regular basis when JJ was coaching, not so much for Tony.  I bought the Saturday only package for this year and we love it.  Great team and a good atmosphere that will only get better.  I believe by the end of the year attendance will be 5-6 K and the crowd rocking.  The students will be there.

GO MEAN GREEN

BEAT THE minors!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I brought the family on a regular basis when JJ was coaching, not so much for Tony.  I bought the Saturday only package for this year and we love it.  Great team and a good atmosphere that will only get better.  I believe by the end of the year attendance will be 5-6 K and the crowd rocking.  The students will be there.

GO MEAN GREEN

BEAT THE minors!!!

With students coming back. I would expect 6k. 

Beating a bunch of minors won't help our ranking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/college-basketball/utep-vs-north-texas-1-10-19-college-basketball-pick-odds-and-prediction

"UTEP has been a thorn in the side of North Texas for quite some time now, and the last 3 meetings have been decided by 6 points or less. However, this is the best team North Texas has had over that span and have been very good on the road dating back to last season. The Mean Green have had some close calls as of late, but they’ve still looked pretty good over that span so with that said, I’ll lay the points with the better team here and even on the road, that’s North Texas."

• Thanks 2