Kingsbury May Quit USC

UNTLifer

43 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

USC should have expected this when they refused to let him interview.  That not a good way to treat your coaches. 

And taking a job then trying to get the next job within a couple of weeks is ok? 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It happens.  It's not ideal but it shouldn't be a big deal.  Denying your coaching the opportunity to get an NFL job or a top college job is not good business.

I hear you there and would agree in general. But this isn’t one of his coaches - the guy hasn’t even met the players most likely.  He was hired to be the OC and 247 shows they have 4 guys committed yet to sign and they all look like offensive guys - two of which are five star players. I wouldn’t be too happy about KK’s mercenary attitude if I were USC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, 97and03 said:

I hear you there and would agree in general. But this isn’t one of his coaches - the guy hasn’t even met the players most likely.  He was hired to be the OC and 247 shows they have 4 guys committed yet to sign and they all look like offensive guys - two of which are five star players. I wouldn’t be too happy about KK’s mercenary attitude if I were USC. 

He's been there such a short time that him leaving now would have little to no impact.  I can see the "mercenary KK" idea but I think USC is being the bigger jerk here.  I'm really baffled by the NFL requiring their teams to ask permission of colleges.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think it is surprising the NFL is after him. 

I agree.  I think he's probably a good candidate for a coordinator position in college, but he really didn't do enough at Tech to merit the same position in the NFL.  I thought he was in over his head at Tech.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

And taking a job then trying to get the next job within a couple of weeks is ok? 

Exactly! The man made a COMMITMENT! This will taint his tenure at USC with its administration and its fans, not to mention his credibility. The word "whore" also comes to mind.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What?

Mahomes and Mayfield have brought in pass happy offensives that will continue to evolve. How many empty backfields did you see this year and not just on 3rd and long!  No one has the proof to develop a Qb like Kliff and as we know that is the most important position! 

• Upvote 2