Bryce English

MRH

1 hour ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he becomes the All-Conference player we all know he can be!  Think of your fellow man, lend him a helping hand; put a little love in your heart.  And, the world, including Apogee Stadium, will be a better place for you and me.

I do as well, but not as "eloquently" as you posted.  He has worked his tail off to get ready and play only to be delayed/injured again.  I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he lights the world on fire next year.

• Upvote 4

On 1/6/2019 at 12:32 AM, MGNation92 said:

I'm still of the mindset that he's never gonna make an impact here.

He made an impact when he played this year.  Sucked up double teams and let the LBs do their job.  That's what you want out of an impactful player at his position in our system.   

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He made an impact when he played this year.  Sucked up double teams and let the LBs do their job.  That's what you want out of an impactful player at his position in our system.   

Totally agree.
I think losing Tauaalo is going to have just as big (if not a bigger) effect on the defense than Garner or Ejiya.   Just gotta hope Bryce is back to 100% by fall camp & can have an injury-free Senior year.  I think having Novil playing Rod Young's role (playing all 3 DL spots) for the next 2 years we'll be OK, but it would be nice to have someone to step up at 0/1-Tech (LeBlanc or Shaw?)

On 1/6/2019 at 12:32 AM, MGNation92 said:

I'm still of the mindset that he's never gonna make an impact here.

Seems like a good kid, but we can't count on him.

Best hope Dayton LeBlanc gains some weight and can start next year. I'm really worried about our NT position now that TJ and Rod Young are gone.

Maybe you’re wanting a Booger.  That’s unreasonable. Bryce did this season exactly what we needed him to.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, southsideguy said:

When is Ravon joining the team?

He probably still thinks he has a spot on the team.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

Ten years from now we'll have to explain to new fans why we occasionally ask about someone named "Bryce English" and when he will return. 🙂 

But we'll also get to explain how he helped changed the culture here before he ever even played a snap. #NewDenton

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1