• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
peanuts104

Early Top 25 CFB article mentions UNT

We were NOT selected in this writers top 25, however there was a section at the bottom for top 5 underdog teams.  We were on that list and so was UAB.  Houston was as well, which is relevant because we play them next season. 

Edit:

Forgot the link:

https://championinsiders.com/college-football/early-top-25-college-football-rankings-2019/

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I am really surprised that UAB is being mentioned as the favorite.   They are losing a ton of players.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

We were NOT selected in this writers top 25, however there was a section at the bottom for top 5 underdog teams.  We were on that list and so was UAB.  Houston was as well, which is relevant because we play them next season. 

Edit:

Forgot the link:

https://championinsiders.com/college-football/early-top-25-college-football-rankings-2019/

Yeah even though I like seeing us with UAB and Houston, the obvious offseason changes for both teams (seniors, HC loss, etc) make me wonder if they were also looking to hype some matchup games among teams that were hot-or-not this year.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

Yeah even though I like seeing us with UAB and Houston, the obvious offseason changes for both teams (seniors, HC loss, etc) make me wonder if they were also looking to hype some matchup games among teams that were hot-or-not this year.

Any publicity is good publicity...right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

My way to early take is that UAB will be a shell of what they were this year.

You could make the argument that our defense will have the same issue.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

You could make the argument that our defense will have the same issue.

I thought our Defense was going to be horrible this year. I'm just gonna stop predicting college teams other than Alabama and Clemson.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

My way to early take is that UAB will be a shell of what they were this year.

I agree... BUT their coach will keep them competitive, and they'll still be bowl eligible, probably finishing #3 in the West.

UAB offense will be better now that they can pass it well

I also liked when mentioning Houston's schedule for next year they referenced UNT along with Oklahoma and Washington State inferring their strength of schedule, kind of nice.

GO MEAN GREEN!!! 

• Upvote 2