NT vs NDSU Bring Them Down

Danish43

Furthermore, now that I'm annoyed let me flex because I do know what I'm talkembout. 

I've got NFL snap data for the past 10 or so seasons.

I literally ran the numbers.

Better passing offenses are better at scoring points than better run offenses.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Oh and yes the most efficient way to score at the goal line is running the ball. Both film AND analytics says this is the case. No one is disputing that. 

How you get there matters, though.

Etienne’s first TD was from 17 yards out btw.

And of course how you get there matters.  Never said it didn’t.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Etienne’s first TD was from 17 yards out btw.

And of course how you get there matters.  Never said it didn’t.

32 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

?  Clemson didn’t score their first 28 points on a defensive pick six, a 17 yard run and two goal line pile drive runs?

Rick

So... just to recap where this insane thing is going...

How you get there matters...but...the 17 yard run of a man who had 10 for 31 in the 4th quarter when his team was up 4 scores of a game where the QB moved the ball consistently at an excellent rate before the RB padded the overall rushing stats on a long final drive proves that football is not evolving because you've dug in on the short yardage scoring issues of the Mean Green enough to start praising Dan McCarney? Just trying to figure out what to say next but will probably just fold and give you whatever you need to feel like the winner here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Etienne is a great RB and Clemson has a great run offense.

It was shut down by Alabama who allowed Etienne 29 yards in the first half.

So they passed it into the red zone and then scored on the ground rather than continuing to try and get 2 yard losses.

That's good football.

5 hours ago, Quoner said:

So... just to recap where this insane thing is going...

How you get there matters...but...the 17 yard run of a man who had 10 for 31 in the 4th quarter when his team was up 4 scores of a game where the QB moved the ball consistently at an excellent rate before the RB padded the overall rushing stats on a long final drive proves that football is not evolving because you've dug in on the short yardage scoring issues of the Mean Green enough to start praising Dan McCarney? Just trying to figure out what to say next but will probably just fold and give you whatever you need to feel like the winner here. 

Thanks but I certainly don’t need to nor feel like a winner while discussing football between adults.  If you disagree...just say so. 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Thanks but I certainly don’t need to nor feel like a winner while discussing football between adults.  If you disagree...just say so. 

Rick

I did. It's cool. We cool.

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Not on this play they didnt and I think It cost them the rest of the night. 

So he got 17 yards on one run. The rest of the half he got 12 yards on 9 carries or something? I get it. He scored on the ground when it was need. (Must be nice)

Imagine if North Texas had that room to run before contact was made. We'd be conference champs.

You pass between the 20s and run it at the goal line and magic should happen. Passing allowed Clemson to control the scoreboard.

Also that TD run was set up by this play:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25709404

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

So he got 17 yards on one run. The rest of the half he got 12 yards on 9 carries or something? I get it. He scored on the ground when it was need. (Must be nice)

Imagine if North Texas had that room to run before contact was made. We'd be conference champs.

You pass between the 20s and run it at the goal line and magic should happen. Passing allowed Clemson to control the scoreboard.

Also that TD run was set up by this play:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25709404

14 rushes for 86 yards and 2 TD's

1 reception for 5 yards and a TD  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3