NT vs NDSU Bring Them Down

Danish43

On 1/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, Philip Ferguson said:

Yep, but I meant 1 winning season in 5 unless I'm remembering wrong.

Yep...and I meant bowl championships, trophy’s and such...which in order to win those pretty little things you must do three things:

1. Run the ball.

2. Stop the run.

3. Play Solid Defense.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yep...and I meant bowl championships, trophy’s and such...which in order to win those pretty little things you must do two things:

1. Run the ball.

2. Stop the run.

Rick

I'm actually with you on your overall point, but we really shouldn't be walking down this path.

McCarney won that ball game with the same system that failed to get him there every other year he was here.  The same system that he failed to coach properly.  Failed to recruit to properly.  Failed to, honestly, care about.

There are a million reasons you are right.  Let's use a better one.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

53 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

I realize that but it would just be great to play down here, one of 12 yearly games.

They have a great fan base, but scheduling them (and possibly losing) does not do much for us.  Beating them doesn’t do much either.  I guess I just don’t see the positive.  Sorry, man 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

McCarney won that ball game with the same system that failed to get him there every other year he was here.  

But he won it.....and he won it with a similar system and philosophy that beat us in our last three bowl games.

Run The Ball

Stop The Run...and play solid defense.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

But he won it.....and he won it with a similar system and philosophy that beat us in our last three bowl games.

Run The Ball

Stop The Run...and play solid defense.

Rick

No, he won it because we played UNLV and not Utah State, And very good Troy team and FAU last year.  Not even close to the same competition 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

No, he won it because we played UNLV and not Utah State, And very good Troy team and FAU last year.  Not even close to the same competition 

I really don't understand the need to defend Littrell getting blown out in every meaningful game we've played.

Great coaches find ways to win the game. Stop making excuses 

McCarney was awful. Pure and Simple. He won with Dodge's players and was awful every year outside of one with a heavy senior class and some stud players. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I really don't understand the need to defend Littrell getting blown out in every meaningful game we've played.

Great coaches find ways to win the game. Stop making excuses 

McCarney was awful. Pure and Simple. He won with Dodge's players and was awful every year outside of one with a heavy senior class and some stud players. 

McCarney was aweful at Recruiting.

McCarney was aweful at public speaking and promotions.

McCarney was aweful in husbandry, which might explain his inability to properly deal with personal relationships that led to him to losing his team in 2015?

But he understood game control and that you must run the ball, you must stop the run and you must play solid defense to win championships.

Remember THE STAND.

In three years time he cut Dodge’s Points Per Game allowed from 30 Per game to 17.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2