DRC: UNT aiming for record start in game against Southern Miss

Brett Vito

I'm sure I'll get blasted by the old timers for this one...but here it goes....I really, really hope that we beat Southern Miss for alot of reasons, but most of all, I'm tired of seeing "our best season" since the 1950's or 1970's or whatever..... Let's set record seasons at least in 2000's... Those references to decades-old record seasons just shows how overall stagnant we've been in basketball through the years... No disrespect intended to those successful teams of decades-past, but it's time for teams of today to set new records and truly excel!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

I'm sure I'll get blasted by the old timers for this one...but here it goes....I really, really hope that we beat Southern Miss for alot of reasons, but most of all, I'm tired of seeing "our best season" since the 1950's or 1970's or whatever..... Let's set record seasons at least in 2000's... Those references to decades-old record seasons just shows how overall stagnant we've been in basketball through the years... No disrespect intended to those successful teams of decades-past, but it's time for teams of today to set new records and truly excel!

Completely agree my friend. I’ve had the same thoughts...so many records at North Texas are decades or almost half a century old! 

3 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

I imagine most "old timers" would love to see us once again achieve and finally surpass those old heights before they die.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

Did you know Hayden Fry coached both football and basketball in 1910 and we would have won the national title if the NCAA had recognized our 134-0 record?

Edited by emmitt01
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, risinggreen said:

We're usually talking about 15 wins in mid-February if we're lucky. Think this one is worth missing out on a little of the Cowboy's game to see in person.

42 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

No

Hence why it is such a struggle to get fans to come to games - there are tons of other entertainment options.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Hence why it is such a struggle to get fans to come to games - there are tons of other entertainment options.

My bad. I misunderstood. I thought he was chooosing to Cowboys over UNT. I had free season tkts for today’s Cowboy game from work and turned them down. At the PIT right now. I apologize for the confusion 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

My bad. I misunderstood. I thought he was chooosing to Cowboys over UNT. I had free season tkts for today’s Cowboy game from work and turned them down. At the PIT right now. I apologize for the confusion 

My bad. Glad you came to the game! We need every screaming fan to help lift the team to victory.