P5 School finally gives Neal Brown a shot - great hire

TheColonyEagle

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

Great Hire for Virginia West!

Feel bad for the boys that signed on the dotted line to play for Brown though

https://247sports.com/college/troy/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Ncaa needs to allow recruits out if they signed with a coach that leaves...right thing to do

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, THOR said:

Ncaa needs to allow recruits out if they signed with a coach that leaves...right thing to do

While I somewhat agree with you.   This could really backfire against us a season or two from now.

Plus, IMO I think allowing them to back out of commitments would hurt G6 schools much more than P5 schools.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, akriesman said:

While I somewhat agree with you.   This could really backfire against us a season or two from now.

Plus, IMO I think allowing them to back out of commitments would hurt G6 schools much more than P5 schools.

I don't care if it backfires against us....they signed thinking a certain coach and scheme will be run...now, who knows...they may be a terrible fit for the new hire. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, THOR said:

I don't care if it backfires against us....they signed thinking a certain coach and scheme will be run...now, who knows...they may be a terrible fit for the new hire. 

Voiding scholarship contracts based on a coach leaving would create chaos.  Would the school release just the current class or everyone who signed with the coach?  Would it apply to just head coaches or the actual coaches that recruited the player? 

This would give the head coach even more leverage than he currently has.   Coach's agent, will you know you have this great class signed and my client thinks he deserves a substantial salary increase.  

The reality is that the more that rules make players free agents, the worse it is for the lower level teams.  

• Upvote 1

Regardless of reason they signed with a school - be it the coach, location, promise of playing time, really hot coed, or because there is a Taco Bueno in their student union - they signed with the school and not those particular things.  No way they should be free to look elsewhere because of a coaching change. 

Also, I really like Taco Bueno. 

• Upvote 3