Southern Mississippi (1/5/19)

CMJ

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

Wtf

Yeah... I thought it was best to make it a link instead of embedding it. 

Still. Insight into the mind and process of a pretty fantastic little player. Tough to make it to #1 without passing through #2, and this is a glimpse into how to do that effectively. 

Thanks, Ray. For these words of wisdom, and for giving Josh White his one career blocked shot. 

7 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Yeah... I thought it was best to make it a link instead of embedding it. 

Still. Insight into the mind and process of a pretty fantastic little player. Tough to make it to #1 without passing through #2, and this is a glimpse into how to do that effectively. 

Thanks, Ray. For these words of wisdom, and for giving Josh White his one career blocked shot. 

I tried to pay people to go to the coaches show to ask JJ if he had planned on exploiting our height advantage against FAU by posting Josh up on Taylor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought we looked very flat last night.  If we can that badly and win that is a good thing.  I think Ryan is still hurt from the LATECH game.  We missed some 3-pointers so badly that i thought I was shooting them.  It is always tough to win on the road and hope we got that bad game out of our system.  I was suprised to see Simmons on the bench so much last night but listening to interview with Coach Mac he said Simmons hurt his foot and was not moving his feet very well, hope it is nothing serious or prolonged.  We are still making some lazy passes and it is costing us.  I thought the crowd was flat last night as well but did get loud when the team really needed it.

Thanks to the assistant coach (dont know his name) who went out on the court to get the fans going.

Very proud of this  team and I love going to the games. GMG.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I thought we looked very flat last night.  If we can that badly and win that is a good thing.  I think Ryan is still hurt from the LATECH game.  We missed some 3-pointers so badly that i thought I was shooting them.  It is always tough to win on the road and hope we got that bad game out of our system.  I was suprised to see Simmons on the bench so much last night but listening to interview with Coach Mac he said Simmons hurt his foot and was not moving his feet very well, hope it is nothing serious or prolonged.  We are still making some lazy passes and it is costing us.  I thought the crowd was flat last night as well but did get loud when the team really needed it.

Thanks to the assistant coach (dont know his name) who went out on the court to get the fans going.

Very proud of this  team and I love going to the games. GMG.

I still for the life of me can not figure out what is up with Ryan's shot. I've seen him coldly knock down rhythm jumpers/three's and I've seen him airball free throws. 

I agree that he's definitely still a bit banged up if not just a bit gassed from cumulative minutes. I've been pleased with Gibson's quick development on the ball/decision-making of late...I think his place as sixth-man as both points and a trusted one in place of Ryan is going to pay major dividends as the conference season slogs on. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I still for the life of me can not figure out what is up with Ryan's shot. I've seen him coldly knock down rhythm jumpers/three's and I've seen him airball free throws. 

I agree that he's definitely still a bit banged up if not just a bit gassed from cumulative minutes. I've been pleased with Gibson's quick development on the ball/decision-making of late...I think his place as sixth-man as both points and a trusted one in place of Ryan is going to pay major dividends as the conference season slogs on. 

Wild to think we had 14 pts off the Bench in the first 1/2! Smart was 2 of 7! Still a struggling!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

He seems more confident this season taking the open perimeter shots when defenders are daring him to do so, which makes me think he worked on those in the off-season.  So, the inconsistent free throws has to be psychological, right?

I guess some players need the pacing and speed of the game to get comfortable (Bruce Bowen comes to mind).

• Upvote 1