Southern Mississippi (1/5/19)

CMJ

I had five seats in section 107 Row U.  We were basically at half court at the top of the lower bowl.   If you were there, or watching the stream, you know how crazy the end was.  But it was even crazier for us.  We all stood up when UNT went back in front with just a few seconds left.  That's when the camera operator behind us said "Hey, y'all need to sit down".  Mind you, it's a tight game, a few seconds left, and the entire arena is standing.  I looked back and said "what?".  The operator said "Y'all need to sit down, I can't get the shot with y'all standing up".  Now I'm a fairly understanding guy but this was ridiculous.  I didn't want to sit down so the five of us left our seats and stood in the walkway for the final seconds.  

I asked the lady if she worked for UNT or ESPN and she said "both".  Not sure what that means but this was not cool.  If anyone knows who to contact with the AD's office, they should really check into this.  Even my 19 year old son, UNT student next fall, couldn't believe we were asked to sit down.

Very exciting game and I'm glad we won.  Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

14 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

I had five seats in section 107 Row U.  We were basically at half court at the top of the lower bowl.   If you were there, or watching the stream, you know how crazy the end was.  But it was even crazier for us.  We all stood up when UNT went back in front with just a few seconds left.  That's when the camera operator behind us said "Hey, y'all need to sit down".  Mind you, it's a tight game, a few seconds left, and the entire arena is standing.  I looked back and said "what?".  The operator said "Y'all need to sit down, I can't get the shot with y'all standing up".  Now I'm a fairly understanding guy but this was ridiculous.  I didn't want to sit down so the five of us left our seats and stood in the walkway for the final seconds.  

I asked the lady if she worked for UNT or ESPN and she said "both".  Not sure what that means but this was not cool.  If anyone knows who to contact with the AD's office, they should really check into this.  Even my 19 year old son, UNT student next fall, couldn't believe we were asked to sit down.

I missed most of Miller's drive thanks to you. 

also...were you wearing a flat-billed hat to the side? because...stop. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

31 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

We’re you the one standing in front of the camera on the last NT possession because you totallly blocked the whole view of the court! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

Pretty sure we saw the back of y’alls head often haha. Couldn’t see the play that led to free throws or the ball anywherenear the corner. Maybe they need the cameras higher? I’m not sure, but y’all did take up a good 35% of the screen space haha.

It could be worse. Last year I was chewed out for standing the last 44 seconds of a game and told by the gentleman that “he would kick my ass” and a few other choice words... I had to just walk right by him at the end of the game as he yelled at me. 😕

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

So you were the one ruining it for us all. Thanks man. 

But no. I wouldn’t complain to the AD about this. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2

3 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Whether it should have been or not, the Cowboys game was a major detriment to the attendance today. 

Really?  Sure it wasn't the Texans or the first PGA tournament of the year, or 5pm on a Saturday is a weird time?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Really?  Sure it wasn't the Texans or the first PGA tournament of the year, or 5pm on a Saturday is a weird time?

Well we went to a three year old’s birthday party, went to the UNT game, and made it home for the Cowboys.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, glick1980 said:

Well we went to a three year old’s birthday party, went to the UNT game, and made it home for the Cowboys.

Exactly my point. It is just speculation as to why people didn't show. Lot's if things going on and the Cowboys game that kicked off at 7:15 ish is just an excuse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, sgt206 said:

For all the complaints we get about the Super Pit having too much seating for the demand....

You would think they could eliminate seats that block out the cameraman when the occupants stand.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Just don’t see it against the top end of the conference. It’s basketball. Goofy stuff happens and we’ve already seen a couple close calls against teams that aren’t as talented as us. It’s extremelt difficult in this sport to run through a schedule unscathed.

All that said, even though I don’t think we’ll win em all, I do think we’re a legitimate conference contender. We’re going to be an extremely tough out in Frisco this year.

Cautioning our fans not to be too judgemental when we do drop a game or two. We’ll still be a very good team.

I agree wholeheartedly

• Upvote 1