Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Philip Ferguson

Stadium Decorum from Dak

Recommended Posts

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/01/02/dak-prescott-expecting-epic-environment-saturday-night-att-stadium-one-request-cowboys-fans

This story reminded me of a post from early in the football season about how MF tries to get the Apogee crowd quiet when we have the ball.  It was something about when he motions his arms, he's not flapping like and eagle but trying to get fans to settle down.  Too funny!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So true.  Next season we need to have a scoreboard message about quieting down when the offense has the ball.

One problem the Cowboys have is that AT&T usually contains a very large portion of the opponents fans.   And, while those fans might be a minority, they are usually loud.   As long as there are a large group of opponents fans at AT&T, there is going to be noise when you have the ball.   

Of course, this is not a problem at North Texas.  It is our fans yelling when we have the ball.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, akriesman said:

So true.  Next season we need to have a scoreboard message about quieting down when the offense has the ball.

One problem the Cowboys have is that AT&T usually contains a very large portion of the opponents fans.   And, while those fans might be a minority, they are usually loud.   As long as there are a large group of opponents fans at AT&T, there is going to be noise when you have the ball.   

Of course, this is not a problem at North Texas.  It is our fans yelling when we have the ball.

I agree...maybe put some crowd "do's & dont's" on the Apogee scoreboard before the game begins and during halftime.  Since the fan base is growing, and there will probably be more people attending in 2019.  So, it's probably a good idea to remind folks who are newer to the game of how to act.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I agree...maybe put some crowd "do's & dont's" on the Apogee scoreboard before the game begins and during halftime.  Since the fan base is growing, and there will probably be more people attending in 2019.  So, it's probably a good idea to remind folks who are newer to the game of how to act.

One of the most frustrating things about attending UNT football games:

Our fans screaming their lungs out when we go for it on 4th down.

Shut the F*** Up. It's not that hard

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% on board with a “quiet while we are on offense” message on the Jumbotron. It get ridiculous at times 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

One of the most frustrating things about attending UNT football games:

Our fans screaming their lungs out when we go for it on 4th down.

Shut the F*** Up. It's not that hard

It would be nice if there weren't cheerleaders egging the fans on.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe do a video of Mason Fine shushing on video board??? Or.....Maybe one of the following 

Image result for shush gif

Image result for shush gif

quiet GIF

Image result for michael scott shh gif

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Maybe do a video of Mason Fine shushing on video board??? Or.....Maybe one of the following 

Image result for shush gif

Image result for shush gif

quiet GIF

Image result for michael scott shh gif

This is the best idea. They have the videos for 3rd down (when on defense), so it seems they could easily do this. Send in the request! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

This is the best idea. They have the videos for 3rd down (when on defense), so it seems they could easily do this. Send in the request! 

PA announcement after 2nd down on offense: "Mean Green fans, it's 3rd down so please go to the restroom or concessions - thank you for your support!"

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

One of the most frustrating things about attending UNT football games:

Our fans screaming their lungs out when we go for it on 4th down.

Shut the F*** Up. It's not that hard

Then nowhere to be heard on big upcoming defensive plays (looking specifically at student section).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.