Holgorson agrees with UH

TheReal_jayD

Funny bit off WVU message board when discussing potential candidates:

WVU-Brand said: Littrell is an interesting name.

CAJUNEER replied: It’s British, from the Nottingham area. From the French meaning “otter.”

sqsevLUM_400x400.jpg

"Seth Littrell, Head Football Coach, Damn Glad To Meet You"

*apologies to all Gen-X, Gen-Why, and Millennials

Edited by ADLER
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NM Green said:

Littrell just increased his opportunities exponentially.  Thank you Houston.

Littrell and company come out and dismantle the Coogs and holgerson in September and it looks great on Littrell’s resume. The only gig I want Seth leaving for is Oklahoma or State. Other than that build the Beast and slay more giants. 

GMG 

chicken-counting.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

24 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

To say anything else as a UNT fan reeks of jealousy. 

I don't think he's saying that at all.

I think it's more pointing out the irony or the hypocrisy.

Houston admin is short-sighted, and it's becoming more and more evident in public. They bring in a quarter of the revenue as the big dogs in Texas and $30 million short of matching Tech.

Just because they spend a lot of money doesn't mean they are comparable to Big 12 teams.

Edited by Aldo
Read: They are still a mid major
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I don't think he's saying that at all.

I think it's more pointing out the irony or the hypocrisy.

Houston admin is short-sighted, and it's becoming more and more evident in public. They bring in a quarter of the revenue as the big dogs in Texas and $30 million short of matching Tech.

Just because they spend a lot of money doesn't mean they are comparable to Big 12 teams.

But if they put themselves in a position to look more attractive than Tech moving forward when the next round of re-alignments occur, then that could easily flip-flop.   IMO, Houston is a much more attractive target than Tech if I'm any P5 (soon to be P4) conference.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

But if they put themselves in a position to look more attractive than Tech moving forward when the next round of re-alignments occur, then that could easily flip-flop.   IMO, Houston is a much more attractive target than Tech if I'm any P5 (soon to be P4) conference.

Tech is $30 million more attractive

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If all you have to do is pay a HC $4 mil a year to get in the big 12, seems that would be pretty easy....

It’s not about the Big 12!!  It is about the next restructure and the top 6-8 G5 schools will have a hell of a better opportunity than Tulsa! A G6 may happen! We will also see the playoff expanded to 6- 8 teams! UNT needs to be in the top 4! GMG 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So because we don't like Houston, we don't want to admit that Holgorsen is an enormous upgrade over Applewhite?

Time will tell, but I don't call Holgorsen an enormous upgrade.  His only head coaching experience are his  years at West Virginia where he ended up 20 games over .500 in seven years with an average record of 8.7 - 5.8 which basically got Applewhite fired at Houston where his two year average was 7.5 - 5.  Houston overpaid when they didn't have too which is fiscally irresponsible.  West Virginia wanted Holgorsen gone and Houston provided a way out by overpaying.  Does UH also increase the assistants pool?  What happens if Holgorsen averages 8 wins at Houston through the four years of his contract?  I think it is a risky move by Houston.

• Upvote 1

Holgerson is a good coach.   He finished 46-41 against the P5.  But in looking over his results in 6 of his 8 seasons at WV his air raid system was as predictable as all the others:  Starts out hotter than hell then fades towards the back end of the schedule.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, CK2 said:

I can smell the fear in this thread. Now that Holgerson has come to play, some of the Mean Green wants to run away.

So I'm curious what the real expectation is.

For $1 million+ per year more than any other G5, you have to have UCF level success or bust. He can't lose a game?

I get next year's transition...but in year 3 he can't do anything less than undefeated right? For $4 mil a year wouldn't anything less be a disappointment? The bar is Tom Herman/Scott Frost?

*Edit*

Looking at the 2021 schedule which would be year 3, UH OOC schedule is set up perfectly. Home vs Boise and TTech and on the road at Vanderbilt. If UH runs the table that year (assuming Boise doesn't go 6-6 and TTech and Vandy are good) that would be the year that UH could crash the party. But you have to go 12-0 that year.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1