Anyone want to make picks for the NFL postseason? Not seeing too many upsets, although I did let my heart get the best of me in picking Houston over New England.

Also could see Chicago going to LA in the Divisional Round and beating the Rams again. The Chargers already have a win at Arrowhead this season, too.

Here's mine:

Wild Card
(3) Texans over (6) Colts
(4) Cowboys over (5) Seahawks
(5) Chargers over (4) Ravens
(3) Bears over (6) Eagles

Divisional Round
(1) Chiefs over (5) Chargers
(2) Rams over (3) Bears
(3) Texans over (2) Patriots
(1) Saints over (4) Cowboys

Conference Championships
(1) Saints over (2) Rams
(1) Chiefs over (3) Texans

Super Bowl LIII
Saints 45, Chiefs 34

Wild Card
(3) Texans over (6) Colts
(4) Cowboys over (5) Seahawks
(4) Ravens over (5) Chargers
(6) Eagles over (3) Bears

Divisional Round
(1) Chiefs over (4) Ravens
(2) Rams over (4) Cowboys
(2) Patriots over (3) Texans
(1) Saints over (6) Eagles

Conference Championships
(2) Rams over (1) Saints
(1) Chiefs over (2) Patriots

Super Bowl LIII
Chiefs 41 - Rams 38

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I hate that it came against the Boys but what a hell of a game plan by the Rams.

Rick

Agree. The different ways they ran the ball and moved it around was outstanding, especially contrasted against a Garrett/Linehan offense.

• Upvote 2

I thought all year the Rams had something special brewing. Once you make it to the last four teams, anyone can win it all. The Rams definitely could win the Super Bowl.  I still  like the Chiefs though, as I think their earlier season matchup - LA mostly won on the emotional crowd (being the first big sports event after the local fires and shooting), and KC was the better team.

It was nice seeing the Coliseum electric like that again. I'll be sad when the Rams move into the antiseptic stadium they're building. Those old stadiums just have a different feeling to them when the crowd is full and energized.

Agreed on the game plan by the Rams.  Loved the motion of the jet sweep, misdirection, etc...  I hope the Cowboys took notes because it is quite obvious what our few running plays are and when they are coming.  Even with running backs like Gurley and Andeson, they still provide the misdirection and motion to delay the defenses reactions and it worked to perfection.

I didn't make picks early, but I would have picked the Colts over the Texans, Cowboys over Seattle, San Diego over the Ravens and the Bears over the Eagles.

The divisional round I had the Cowboys over the Rams, Colts over the Chiefs, Saints over Eagles and Patriots over the Chargers.

Division Championship: 

Rams over Saints

Chiefs over Patriots

Super Bowl

Rams over Chiefs

Edited by UNTLifer

No secret here if true that Jason Garrett and staff got OUTCOACHED AGAIN?

”Rams offense knew what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do over 90% of the time”

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2019/1/13/18181084/rams-offense-knew-what-the-cowboys-defensive-line-was-going-to-do-over-90-of-the-time

”Depending on the alignment of the Cowboys defensive tackles, particularly whether Maliek Collins was shaded closer to the tackle instead of the guard, the Rams figured a stunt may be coming. If the Rams saw Collins lined up slightly wider than usual, they looked for a second tell. If a certain Cowboys lineman had a specific hand on the ground—right or left—or if a player was tilted one way or the other, it confirmed what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do.

“They have good players, but we just felt scheme-wise we were able to—we had a lot of tips and tells on what they were going to do in front of us,” said Rams center John Sullivan.”

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1