Louisiana Tech (1/3/19)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I guess only one team has used that simple "winning strategy". 

this should be simple to understand...most do...but this team is what it is. we're short. we're gonna play a short team. stop talking about the 6'8" freshman with more fouls than points as being able to help out this year.

it's effing stupid. 

Shakeem? He isn’t ready to touch the floor, although if he is healthy I would get him garbage minutes. We don’t have a lot of options, but getting Wise and Muhammad next season is going to be really fun to watch. I will miss Miller though. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Salsa_Verde said:

Very shaky end to the 1st half. Their size is giving them a lot of second chance opportunities. That’s worrisome going forward. 

Duruji and Pemberton have some real bunnies...changed a few shots on our end, but the offensive rebounds were far more hustle and circumstance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Refs are beyond bad tonight. 8 fouls for NT and only 3 for La Tech

man...disagree 100%. calls have been good and there has been flow to the game. 12 total first half foul calls is pretty great...en route to 24...there were 40 total fouls against Rice.

Our style, for the most part, doesn't lend itself to drawing fouls...and our size/depth means fouls are more expendable defensively. just looking at the gross numbers are a fools errand. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

man...disagree 100%. calls have been good and there has been flow to the game. 12 total first half foul calls is pretty great...en route to 24...there were 40 total fouls against Rice.

Our style, for the most part, doesn't lend itself to drawing fouls...and our size/depth means fouls are more expendable defensively. just looking at the gross numbers are a fools errand. 

Ok well 2 of the calls right in front of me here at the Pit were clear wrong calls

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

Just now, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Ok well 2 of the calls right in front of me here at the Pit were clear wrong calls

ohhhh...because you're there and I'm just watching online. forgot how that changes what a foul looks like. 

Ryan got knocked to the deck on a drive...save for that I can't recall a blatant miss. maybe I'm forgetting two. still...on track for a pretty open game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

ohhhh...because you're there and I'm just watching online. forgot how that changes what a foul looks like. 

Ryan got knocked to the deck on a drive...save for that I can't recall a blatant miss. maybe I'm forgetting two. still...on track for a pretty open game. 

First half was OK, not feeling same about the second. Think they missed an obvious travel which led to Simmons picking up a foul.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

That’s not wait I said, just stating from what I saw they were clear bad calls. DJ had a charge and legit never touched the guy... has nothing to do with me at the Pit and you online.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1