Louisiana Tech (1/3/19)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

At this point, it would have to be us, and i don't think we could lose more than 1 regular conference game, and then lose the championship game at most, and even then im not sure it would get us in as an at large

Yea and I’m hoping worst case scenario it’s us haha. Conference looks pretty open after a Rice win and an ODU lose. Still believe WKU, ODU, La Tech, or us come out on top. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I thought ODU was king of basketball in CUSA?

Historically?  There's a few different schools that have good basketball traditions in conference, but the king of the sport isn't in the league anymore.

Based on what is constituted now I'd think you'd have to say UTEP, WKU, and UAB would all be before ODU as far as historical success goes.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Historically?  There's a few different schools that have good basketball traditions in conference, but the king of the sport isn't in the league anymore.

Based on what is constituted now I'd think you'd have to say UTEP, WKU, and UAB would all be before ODU as far as historical success goes.

But if you follow the CUSA board Old Dominion basketball is king of the hill!  Just ask them!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

quick assessment:

- that is what conference basketball games will look like. 
- stop with the ref bitching. that was a very well-called game
- weirdest and hopefully worst game by Woolridge this season. I also for the life of me can't figure out what's up with his shot. 
- thinking LT watched the Rice tape and saw Rose was finding his range and keyed on him. He's far from lock-down defender and Grant played match-ups. that we have that depth/versatility on the wing is impressive
- Zach's development into a (very) poor-man's Duncan his so incredibly impressive. 
- I really liked the Arikawe usage tonight. he can bring a lot defensively and Grant patterned him in well tonight. 

and lastly...

- the Draper 3 followed immediately by the most in and subsequently out 3-pointer I think I've ever seen was the difference. 

What do you think was up with Smart sitting for the end of the game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Wasn’t giving us anything offensively, they were denying him the ball, and defensively he isn’t one of our best 5 against this La Tech team.

He had some brutal turnovers as well.  

• Upvote 1