Louisiana Tech (1/3/19)

CMJ

36 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Arguably the most important game in the history of Eastern Civilization.

...that doesn't sound right.  Sorry, it's been a while since we could use these bits in a meaningful, cherished way.

I only break out the Western Civilization bit during conference and/or NCAA tournament time.  I think I may have also brought it out in the CBI last year too.  😎

• Upvote 2

• Harry featured this topic
16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Mark isn’t suited up, but Shakeem is. I thought he was injured. If not we may need his size at some point, but Arikawe is doing a great job in there. I love his hustle. 

I'm going to try to explain this to you again, but...just because a guy is tall, doesn't mean he is ready to/can contribute. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm going to try to explain this to you again, but...just because a guy is tall, doesn't mean he is ready to/can contribute. 

This may be true, however every team we play will try to get out two bigs in foul trouble because they can then attack more easily and rack up the offensive boards. Shut down Woolridge (meet him at half court) and get Simmons in foul trouble is the best way to beat this team. We still have plenty of depth; however that is a winning strategy for our opponents.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This may be true, however every team we play will try to get out two bigs in foul trouble because they can then attack more easily and rack up the offensive boards. Shut down Woolridge (meet him at half court) and get Simmons in foul trouble is the best way to beat this team. We still have plenty of depth; however that is a winning strategy for our opponents.

I guess only one team has used that simple "winning strategy". 

this should be simple to understand...most do...but this team is what it is. we're short. we're gonna play a short team. stop talking about the 6'8" freshman with more fouls than points as being able to help out this year.

it's effing stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4