QB Alex Delton from KSU to UTEP-NOPE scratch that TCU

peanuts104

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

If the kid has graduated, he deserves to go wherever he wants. If he isn't allowed to, that's seriously messed up.

Right?  I guess what happened is they released him to go play at UTEP and then when he changed his mind so did they.  I didn't realize players still had to get a release from their former team.  That's messed up man.

Edited by peanuts104

Similar to the OU QB wanting to transfer to WVU, same conference. Delton could have had this idea all along knowing KSU would block his request to go to a conference mate. So, Delton announced UTEP, let's the dust settle and then tries to move to TCU. I can see KSU's issue, but I have never liked that schools were allowed to do this. 

I don’t understand the desire to transfer in conference. Before Baker Mayfield, it was standard operating procedure to block a kid from transferring to any school on your schedule over the rest of their playing career. KSU plays TCU every year. WVU plays OU every year. I don’t understand how this is a foreign concept all of a sudden.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’m more interested in the next P5 D Tackle or D End grad transferring to North Texas.  Could care less for all other transfers to other schools.

Rick

The only reason I'm tracking it is because he could potentially end up at UTEP still, which would be a huge addition for them. And one thing I've noticed over the past couple of years is that QB scrambles have hurt a lot against our defense.  As close as the UTEP game was last year, it could get even closer if Delton ends up there next year.

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’m more interested in the next P5 D Tackle or D End grad transferring to North Texas.  Could care less for all other transfers to other schools.

Rick

This got me thinking, why don't we hear about linemen being graduate transfers? My memory could have failed, but I don't remember ever hearing about one. 

2 hours ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he enjoys the Stockyards as much as he might have enjoyed Franklin Mountains.  Like Kansas' rural area that feeds Kansas State, Fort Worth is a place where he is sure to find many foods made of delicious beef.  If he's not muslim, he can also enjoy the many pork-themed bar-b-q joints in the greater Fort Worth-Weatherford-Benbrook Metro area.

This is some next level performance art, right?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he enjoys the Stockyards as much as he might have enjoyed Franklin Mountains.  Like Kansas' rural area that feeds Kansas State, Fort Worth is a place where he is sure to find many foods made of delicious beef.  If he's not muslim, he can also enjoy the many pork-themed bar-b-q joints in the greater Fort Worth-Weatherford-Benbrook Metro area.

ummmmmmm

19 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

The only reason I'm tracking it is because he could potentially end up at UTEP still, which would be a huge addition for them. And one thing I've noticed over the past couple of years is that QB scrambles have hurt a lot against our defense.  As close as the UTEP game was last year, it could get even closer if Delton ends up there next year.

You dont have to explain yourself to him! haha

Its the offseason.  Thats what this board is for!