Wow!

emmitt01

On 12/29/2018 at 8:49 PM, Rudy said:

I think College Inn will always be there.

It's made out of concrete stone, so that place is built like a fortress.  In the event of a nuclear war, head over to Ave D for shelter.  I still remember turning on the oven and leaving the door open to warm the place up before the actual heat was turned on.  Damn those were some cold days sometimes!!!!  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Cement City needed to be knockdown in the late 1970's.  It sucked bad when I lived on Louise Street.   Still, remember the slum lords company Fox&Jacobson. The University should annex the land and knock it all down.  It has become a high crime area.

But if they did that back in the 70's I would have had no place to live in the early 90's.   One of my room mates had his radio stolen from his car the first night he moved in.  Other than that, it was fine and cheap.  

59 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Why is that dump College Inn still there? I'd rather stay in my imaginary basement.

There's a better chance of you staying in an imaginary dwelling than ever setting foot at College Inn. Loved that place in college. Where all the sorority girls lived. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

There's a better chance of you staying in an imaginary dwelling than ever setting foot at College Inn. Loved that place in college. Where all the sorority girls lived. 

The more appropriate question is why is that twatwaffle still here?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

It's made out of concrete stone, so that place is built like a fortress.  In the event of a nuclear war, head over to Ave D for shelter.  I still remember turning on the oven and leaving the door open to warm the place up before the actual heat was turned on.  Damn those were some cold days sometimes!!!!  

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

But if they did that back in the 70's I would have had no place to live in the early 90's.   One of my room mates had his radio stolen from his car the first night he moved in.  Other than that, it was fine and cheap.  

Also, where will the roaches go?  The crime has escalated to people being robbed at gunpoint in the parking lots of apt and even some hooker arrest there.   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Had to share your comment with my wife. 2505 Louise. 2nd place that my wife and I lived (early '70s) after we got married out Jr. year.  Dyed blue shag carpet, paper thin walls, meanest landlord ever, and you didn't dare leave anything outside.  Memories....not good ones...but it built character.  Then we moved to 910 Eagle and never had it so good. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Also, where will the roaches go?  The crime has escalated to people being robbed at gunpoint in the parking lots of apt and even some hooker arrest there.   

Was one of the roaches wearing a SMU jersey?

Edit: Sorry, I though you said the roaches were robbing hookers at gunpoint. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, CK2 said:

See that's how you know you liked those bottom of the barrel girls. Everybody knows all the best girls stayed in Maple.

Loved the Maple girls as well and the fun of sneaking in and out of that dorm.  Call the College Inn girls what you want, they are still light years ahead of what UH has to offer.   You not only failed academically, but also at the opposite sex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ