Too Many Bowl Games?

El Paso Eagle

Reduce the Bowl Games?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to see the number of Bowl Games reduced by half (even though it would mean more G5's would not go bowling)

• Yes there are too many and support is falling
    • No it gives more teams extra practice time
    • Yes, but would like to see a 7 or 8 win minimum replace the current standard of 6

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, Big Z said:

Way too many bowl games and it goes to show that butts in the seats does not guarantee that you will get that bowl. I’m so glad we didn’t get the First Responders Bowl. 

73A096EE-4FBA-4D14-A9D4-177B06ADEAD7.jpeg

I get your point, but I think this says more about HS football in Texas than it does about bowl games.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, Big Z said:

Way too many bowl games and it goes to show that butts in the seats does not guarantee that you will get that bowl. I’m so glad we didn’t get the First Responders Bowl. 

Granted, fanbases of the college teams generally had to travel further than those for the HS playoffs.

• Upvote 2

On 1/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, Big Z said:

The Texas High School Championship games also outdrew most G5 college attendances.  Guess we better start canceling some programs around here.

Rick

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

The Texas High School Championship games also outdrew most G5 college attendances.  Guess we better start canceling some programs around here.

Rick

If equalling or exceeding the Texas Championships is the standard, then cancel about 3/4 of all the G5 programs and a few of the P5 programs as well! That says more about high school football in Texas than the colleges!