UTSA loses Josiah Tauaefa

p_phelps

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He was average this past season.  Not sure if the rest of their defense was so weak that he could be schemed against, or if he just blew up early & couldn’t keep it going.

I agree. He was pretty average this year. I am guessing that he heard some good things that convinced him to go now. I wish the kid success, but I have a feeling that he may be an UDFA.  He will certainly get a shot to make a team. 

5 hours ago, Sig381 said:

Big one. I believe this team has lost faith in the coach. 

I agree with this too. Players are starting to leave this program. I am beginning to believe that they think FW was the wrong guy for the job. He is a great recruiter, but not a good coach. Kind of reminds me of Benford. Can bring in talent, but that talent regresses under him instead of progressing.

37 minutes ago, Venson said:

I agree. He was pretty average this year. I am guessing that he heard some good things that convinced him to go now. I wish the kid success, but I have a feeling that he may be an UDFA.  He will certainly get a shot to make a team. 

I agree with this too. Players are starting to leave this program. I am beginning to believe that they think FW was the wrong guy for the job. He is a great recruiter, but not a good coach. Kind of reminds me of Benford. Can bring in talent, but that talent regresses under him instead of progressing.

The Benford comment is spot on.   Hadn't thought of that angle, but yes you are absolutely correct from what I've been told.

And yes he got a LOT of feedback before this decision.   He's going to do fine.

4 minutes ago, CorinthEagle said:

The Benford comment is spot on.   Hadn't thought of that angle, but yes you are absolutely correct from what I've been told.

And yes he got a LOT of feedback before this decision.   He's going to do fine.

That's good. The kid is a heck of a ball player. Too bad Mac didn't give him a shot at UNT. He would have been a monster alongside Ejiya and playing for SL. It is scary how good our LB corps would have been with those two flying around.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Good, I never liked him based off his comments about Fine while we were playing Troy. 

Agree. I wanted Mac to recruit him, but once he went south and then made those comments, I was done. Not impressed with him after his freshman year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1