Name the New North Texas Basketball Venue

greenjoe

I'd like to think nicknames for sports venues are organic.  The original "Pit" was called that because the stands were right on top of the court and an opposing coach likened it to playing in a snake pit.  It followed that a nicer Mean Green site for basketball at North Texas be called the "Super Pit' or as Rob Coffey called it, "The Fabulous Super Pit."  The UT venue is the Erwin Center nicknamed "The Super Drum" after the big drum used in the Texas Marching Band (a round building with a flat top looks sorta like a drum).

So if you're given the naming rights to create a nickname for the new North Texas Basketball venue, what would you choose ? 
The Scrappy Center ?  The RV Park ?  Dodgeball Arena ?

GO MEAN GREEN 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd say we should just simplify it down to "The Pit", rather than trying to name it the "Mega Pit" or something, but now that I know that there are other schools (at least UNM) which call their BB venue "the pit", maybe we need to just wait for a new "organic" name after the place is built.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1