Temple interim coach Ed Foley on the national title and the plight of Group of Five teams

Talon90

After waaay overthinking things on my 10 hour drives this past week, I came to realize how unfair UCF's absence is to the playoff experts.  They aren't provided an opportunity to be proven right.  Until UCF loses on the field, it's all speculation.

So I ask thee, Official Playoff Selection Committee, do what is fair for everyone involved: give an undefeated (for two years!) team - G5 or whatever - a spot in your precious playoff.

6 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Well if UCF gets shalacked by LSU this could all be a mute point but if they somehow beat LSU without Milton, it’s going to be a storyline that will not go away. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

That is after beating Auburn last year in a bowl game 

They will just keep raising the bar. Nothing will ever be good enough if you aren't already in the club...

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

That is after beating Auburn last year in a bowl game 

Right...they had Milton last year for that game. They will not have him this year, and I’m sure the blue blood programs are quite sick of UCF so LSU is taking this game seriously while Auburn probably wasn’t. 

On 12/27/2018 at 3:54 PM, UNTLifer said:

Yep. Look at Boise State. Beat OU in an epic game, yet still in the MWC and still on the outside looking in. 

I guess you could say they got a bit of a call up - since they were in the WAC at the time and moved up to the MWC a few years later.

• Thanks 1