Scouting Cal

UNT 90 Grad

4 hours ago, Mo Green said:

Close to SF.

I'm going.

4 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Anyone Thinking about making the Trip out to Cal Berk this September? Ive been looking at flights and they aren't bad!

Can someone give an estimate of what a trip like this would cost? Some of us unfortunately have to plan our budget.

Edited by Danish43

32 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

Can someone give an estimate of what a trip like this would cost? Some of us unfortunately have to plan our budget.

Quick internet search for flight, lodging, car rental and food should  provide you with all that information. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

If you don't mind a few hours drive in very scenic country, fly into Reno instead for a long weekend.  Tahoe and Wince Country is great to see...

Flying in to San Jose is also an option and can be a little bit cheaper on Southwest than SF. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, figured we'd fly in there Thursday Mid day into San Fran, and Go up to Wine Country Friday. Wake up Saturday morning in a fog and head over to Berkley, watch UNT whoop up those Silly Bears and Stay in Berkeley that night. Fly out of Oakland the next day.

Sounds like a pretty nice weekend, might try to go to Bed Bath and Beyound..... I dont know, I dont know if i'll have enough time!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, UNTLifer said:

I believe we charter our flights so that shouldn't be an issue.  This isn't a logistical issue. Traveling should not be a problem, preparation and focus throughout the game are issues we can address and overcome. 

I think he meant for the fans thinking of traveling to the game.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I think he meant for the fans thinking of traveling to the game.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:07 AM, meangreenlax said:

Logistics as in keeping the team focused and prepared. If you recall we lost against ODU after having to travel to VA. About the same distance, but Cal will be better. 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:41 PM, UNTLifer said:

Quick internet search for flight, lodging, car rental and food should  provide you with all that information. 

Would it be cheaper flying into Vegas and then driving to Berkeley. My barber just told me you can get some very inexpensive trips to Vegas?

On 1/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, Danish43 said:

Would it be cheaper flying into Vegas and then driving to Berkeley. My barber just told me you can get some very inexpensive trips to Vegas?

On 1/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, UNTLifer said:

Over an eight hour drive.

Reno to Berkeley on the other hand...

1 minute ago, Christopher Walker said:

Reno to Berkeley on the other hand...

Thanks to both of you. Sometimes because of circumstances we are limited by money even tho we love going to see the Meangreen play and drive 5 hours from SA to Denton. I have heard that Berkeley like California is very expensive. Hopefully I will find a way.

Just now, Danish43 said:

Thanks to both of you. Sometimes because of circumstances we are limited by money even tho we love going to see the Meangreen play and drive 5 hours from SA to Denton. I have heard that Berkeley like California is very expensive. Hopefully I will find a way.

I wouldn't recommend flying to Vegas.  The drive is just too far.  I would look for flights in to San Francisco, San Jose or Reno.  This far out you could probably catch a special rate at some point.  You may also want to try Homeaway or Airbnb for a place to stay.  They can be a better option than hotels.

• Thanks 1

2019 Pac-12 Composite Football Schedule, Top Ten Games, Weekly Rankings:

Saturday, September 14

1. Stanford at UCF
2. Oklahoma at UCLA
3. Arizona State at Michigan State
4. Texas Tech at Arizona
6. USC at BYU
7. Air Force at Colorado
8. North Texas at California
9. Hawai’i at Washington
10. Idaho State at Utah
11. Montana at Oregon
12. Cal Poly at Oregon State

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/01/2019-pac-12-composite-football-schedule-top-ten-games-weekly-rankings

1 hour ago, Texas Stranger said:

Berkeley is actually on the Oakland side of the bay, pretty much a northern suburb of Oakland.  Oakland and San Jose (at the southern end of the bay) are closer airports than SF.  Don't stay in Oakland or near Berkeley, those are mostly run-down areas.

I'd rather stay in Berkeley than pay $400 a night in downtown SF.  DoubleTree on the Berkeley Waterfront can't be that bad for $190 a night.  I figure I can do the whole weekend without a car that way too... It's only a few miles from OAK and even closer to the stadium.

I am going!  I have a customer right outside of Berkeley so will definitely be having a Friday meeting the day before the game.  

I recommend staying in Emeryville.  Pretty much every hotel chain is represented there and there are some decent restaurant options.  Only about 10 min from the campus.  

My favorite restaurant in the world, Chez Panisse, is in Berkeley as well.  If you're into food, get a table.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1