What is the Coolest Mean Green Item You Own ?

greenjoe

A mini football from the 1981 game vs Southern Miss at Fouts - the game I like to call the "Flood Bowl".

large.MiniFootball.jpg.901898bab8a378c09485470d56c838c8.jpg

I had to look it up to make sure of the year - I didn't remember that the game was on Halloween!  I also conveniently didn't remember the score.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-texas/1981-schedule.html

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

@UNT 90 Grad is that an official UNT item, or did you have a traditional game modified on your own?

See link below.  Notice the option to select  “Top Outfitted in your favorite College or Professional sports team“.  I don’t remember if this is the same company mine was ordered from, but looks the same if not the same.  Mine has 64 different classic arcade games.  Includes some original really popular games (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Galaxian, Galaga, Dig Dug, Centipede, etc.) as well as some of the more obscure games. Coin operation can be turned on or off.  Volume and treble/bass controls   (The thing can get very loud if desired.)

https://arcadeclassics.net/products/cocktail-table-arcade-machine-with-vertical-games-black.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkrOM__a_3wIVC2SGCh3wSwAnEAQYASABEgL5oPD_BwE

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Green P1 said:

Mosaic glass tile SOW my former boss made for me.  Given to me as a table top but I decided to backlight it with LEDs and hang it in the back yard. 

34974E57-DB14-4231-805C-DBE0BBAFFDF1.jpeg

B745271F-DE58-4590-AD20-7AB946E32B10.jpeg

C13D9CFC-9300-4566-8AC3-54DB1947F2D0.jpeg

you guys should sell these, I hate to say it but I bet UT and AM fans would eat them up.  I not sure how easy it is to get NCAA lighting.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, UNTexas said:

A couple stand out and I can't do just one:

A game ball from a game we won signed by the captains after I recovered a fumble that led to us winning the game. I got player of the week that week and later special teams player of the year. Both surprised me. (Especially the plaque at the banquet.) We won our conference too. My Dad got to see the game ball before he died a few weeks later. Really cool.

That season led to another cool item which was a conference champion ring.

20181226_181836.jpg

I really like a flag I had framed.

20181226_180350.jpg

But I really love a little t-shirt both my minions wore that almost ended up at Goodwill but ended up framed too. (My wife played soccer at UNT so I get away with pretty much anything UNT related.)

20181226_180406.jpg

Lastly, the Mrs. and I both have North Texas diplomas. We were both on scholarship, Letterman every year we played, we still have our letter jackets, and technically got paid to go to college at NT. Love my Mean Green!

1994. Some really great games that year.....not all of them going our way. I remember the comeback to tie SFA. A hail mary from MM to one of our greatest TE's ever...Luis Silva. IMHO our version of Jay Novachek and/or Jason Witten.

One of the most frustrating games that year was the Boise St. playoff game. We were going down for a go ahead score late in the game when MM was intercepted by a one armed DB. THAT's when I knew the football Gods were not on our side. 

Edited by SilverEagle

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

1994. Some really great games that year.....not all of them going our way. I remember the comeback to tie SFA. A hail mary from MM to one of our greatest TE's ever...Luis Silva. IMHO our version of Jay Novachek and/or Jason Witten.

One of the most frustrating games that year was the Boise St. playoff game. We were going down for a go ahead score late in the game when MM was intercepted by a one armed DB. THAT's when I knew the football Gods were not on our side. 

I forgot about the guy missing half his arm. That was awful. We were a better team than they were and they went on to the National Championship game. That game was so damned cold on that blue field. 94 was such a great group of guys. We went through hell in camp and had a group that didn't quick. I miss that team, coaches, and staff. Hopefully we do another reunion in 2024.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 9:39 AM, meangreenlax said:

Well.. not as cool as a MGB, but my game worn lacrosse bucket and jerseys. Our green jerseys looked just like the current MBB team green kit. Can't decide if I want to frame it or keep it in the open to wear occasionally.

Untitled.png.4bb657784f8e26b0118de1489177e8d3.png

What happen to the lacrosse program? Seems like it went downhill