LinkedIn Post - Asst. Football Coach Position

Hall Eagle 2011

23 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Replacing Tashard Choice. Perhaps they are trying to cast a broad net.

Got it. I knew about Choice, but figured the post would have been more specific (at least offense vs. defense asst. coach), but maybe not.  Thanks! 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NTAlum07 said:

There is no Texas employment law that states you are required to post a job opening.

I’m not sure about football coach positions specifically, but many state government jobs in education must be posted for a period of time. For example, teaching positions. It wouldn’t be too far of a stretch to go from public education posts being required to positions at a state university also being required. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, NTAlum07 said:

There is no Texas employment law that states you are required to post a job opening.

8 hours ago, Moobs said:

I’m not sure about football coach positions specifically, but many state government jobs in education must be posted for a period of time. For example, teaching positions. It wouldn’t be too far of a stretch to go from public education posts being required to positions at a state university also being required. 

Government entities generally can't hire someone without posting it to the public first. Even if they have a short list of candidates in mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Yes I am not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. It occurs every single time. 

I remember various job postings for head coach openings in the past. I remember something about not officially filling positions until they had been posted for a specific minimum amount of time. Perhaps @Brett Vito can write something about this being correct or not! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Clay Mcguire just got hired by Texas St. as the O-Line coach.

Texas State highest paid assistant last year made 140k.

North Texas had 7 assistants over 145k. With 3 over 250k.

Texas state may have drastically raised assistant pool. But I doubt it. If UNT wants him they could get him. He has connections with Seth, Mainord, Graham and Joel. He could also be one year away from bouncing to back to a  p5 with seth. As opposed to beginning a rebuild in San Marcos. If Seth and co want him I think they could get him. But I think there is another name Seth has higher on his list.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1