DRC: C-USA bowl review -- Who won, who lost and what it all means

Brett Vito

I usually enjoy Brett's stories, but this portion was more opinion that reporting.  Isn't there a better way to say this?  "Some have tried to lay the blame on the fact that UNT coach Seth Littrell had some involvement with the Kansas State job. Don't buy that. Utah State was just a better team."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT86 said:

That is the dilemma we faced.  Do we go to Albuquerque, where our fans COULD more easily attend, or go somewhere further away and play a team we can handle. 

I was hoping for something a little closer, too.  But, I was speaking with a business associate who played for Baylor.  He said it's a big deal for players to be able to go to places that may never go otherwise.  He said although fans aren't always happy with the location, it's usually a big plus for the players.  So, looking at it from that perspective made more sense to me.  Wren said as much on BTG, too.  GMG!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I usually enjoy Brett's stories, but this portion was more opinion that reporting.  Isn't there a better way to say this?  "Some have tried to lay the blame on the fact that UNT coach Seth Littrell had some involvement with the Kansas State job. Don't buy that. Utah State was just a better team."

That’s just, like, your opinion man. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Last two years the CUSA champion has faced a weak MAC team. Is that a premier matchup? Is this what North Texas should expect when it wins the conference? 

It's the current end game for our CFB positioning. Can't blame coaches in this conference for looking for a new shiny home. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

On 12/23/2018 at 8:00 PM, Philip Ferguson said:

I'll agree that USU would of PROBABLY won this bowl regardless of injuries. But.......you can't make me believe that with your coach in New York and rumors flying about him leaving to K-state (and SL not denying it) it didn't affect this team and their play.