Houston, You Have A Problem

Huff

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Not even worried about that. Even our 2012 team that lost to Texas State obliterated UNT that year. Applewhite will outcoach Littrell who has already been proven to be unable to win big games.

But he figured out how to beat Army. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, CK2 said:

You're mad that I'm right and you have no rebuttal.

Dude, your first post was one excuse after another as to why Cougar High got their ass handed to them. Who cares about players declaring for the draft?  Why does that keep them from playing if UH meant so much to them. They are just rats jumping from a sinking ship. 

And why are you even here?  Won't the admins at GoCougarHigh.com let you play?  P6 is a freaking laughing stock. 

• Upvote 2

The resident troll must not be allowed on the Cougar fan forum because he seems to spend more time on ours.  If I was Cougar fan I would be in my cave licking myself right now.  70 points from an option team.  I thought those teams had long drives that chew up the clock.  

I was embarrassed by our loss but I am now even embarrassed for Houston.

I saw the excuses why Houston loss but all teams have problems this late in the year.   I would go with the "sun was in my eyes".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Not in a bowl, if we're being honest. 

He definitely figured out how to avoid them, though. 

Did we beat Army?  

Honestly, what good does it do to have to change your whole defensive philosophy for one game because one team runs an offense that became obsolete 30 years ago?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Did we beat Army?  

Honestly, what good does it do to have to change your whole defensive philosophy for one game because one team runs an offense that became obsolete 30 years ago?

That obsolete offense just scored 70 points.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, outoftown said:

If Briles really leaves for FSU as some think, then the Houston AD better start cleaning the doorbells of their donor(s) in order to find the buyout money.

They have the money, and then some.  Remember, they were willing and able to match UT to keep Tom Herman.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

They have the money, and then some.  Remember, they were willing and able to match UT to keep Tom Herman.

That was TF. He was willing to do that because of the huge commitment UH was putting towards getting into the B12.  That ship has sailed, and the school is facing huge devices that will force it to cut back on a lot of spending.  

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Did we beat Army?  

Off topic but I have to say I wonder if more teams want to think about bringing back this allegedly "obsolete" offense?  Look at what Army did to OU with it (not a fluke).  It may be the perfect antidote for 90% of the defenses that know how to play against the Run n Shoot and Air Raids but little else.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

That was TF. He was willing to do that because of the huge commitment UH was putting towards getting into the B12.  That ship has sailed, and the school is facing huge devices that will force it to cut back on a lot of spending.  

"Huge devices"?  What do you mean?

So is Fertitta no longer bankrolling their program?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CK2 said:

No, not really. Look at average ranking per recruit. Like I said, UNT does not know how to get their players drafted.

You can look at it any way you want, we’re still out recruiting you at the moment. It’s sad that a college like us that “Doesn’t know how to get our players drafted” is even competitive with y’all in recruiting.

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, TheTastyGreek said:

Not in a bowl. Just like Houston! 

Did Houston beat Army in a regular season game? Just like UNT did within the last 3-4 years?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1