Comparing Recruiting Across The Years (December 2018)

BillySee58

• Harry featured this topic
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, outoftown said:

Hard not to see why so many think this class could be a game changer.

Also have to wonder whether there might be some small regression the next two years, when the 16/17 classes are the upper classmen who should carry the load.

Hopefully the next 2 years can be smoothed over with the JUCO and transfers available.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, outoftown said:

Also have to wonder whether there might be some small regression the next two years, when the 16/17 classes are the upper classmen who should carry the load.

I don't think there will be. Our QB recruiting and development has been strong and our key players are from the current regime (16/17 recruits). That 2014 class was strong but did not overwhelmingly compose the leaders of last year's team.

Now the real question is, which P5s do we play in 2022/23 who will have to deal with this year's class as upperclassmen?

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 9:22 AM, GMG_Dallas said:

I don't think there will be. Our QB recruiting and development has been strong and our key players are from the current regime (16/17 recruits). That 2014 class was strong but did not overwhelmingly compose the leaders of last year's team.

Now the real question is, which P5s do we play in 2022/23 who will have to deal with this year's class as upperclassmen?

20181227_145019.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Wonder if you could use win % as a third axis?

I could. But I’m not going to. Too many other factors, plus I’m strictly focusing on evaluating recruiting and quality of signees that we are bringing in. Not evaluating the quality of job that we are doing in developing and retaining these players.

• Upvote 1