Coach Choice headed to his Alma Mater

TheReal_jayD

Expect a Johnson offer from GATech if they have any room for him.  I wonder if this was a contributing factor.   Johnson signed because of Coach Choice.

Best of luck to coach Choice!   Glad we got to kick off his coaching career & I look forward to watching him throughout his career.   If you've ever talked to the guy, he's infectious as heck and will succeed no matter what.

• Upvote 2

Never got enough BTG time, in my opinion. This was an even exchange. Coach Choice got a lot of experience and I am sure learned a lot while here. We got a coach who loved and cared for his players, pushed them to be better and provided emotional and passion components for this team.

Best of luck, Coach Choice.

Now, let's get better.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Agreed that it isn’t a surprise. 

So who do we hire? Cobbs? Byrd? I think both were GAs here and now have local coaching experience that could help with recruiting. Or go outside the family? 

Byerly

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

26 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Agreed that it isn’t a surprise. 

So who do we hire? Cobbs? Byrd? I think both were GAs here and now have local coaching experience that could help with recruiting. Or go outside the family? 

I am higher and shot for a Clay Mcquire type. But i would not be upset with Cobbs. Now Byrd needs more experience coaching

• Upvote 2

I immediately thought of Cobbs. But that is just because he is one of our own, has about 4-5 years NFL experience, coached at the HS level for a bit, and is well-spoken, and is a legend here. 

I don’t really know if he can coach well. Especially at this level. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad to see Tashard Choice leave the UNT family. At the same time, I am happy for him...sounds like a great opportunity. He will be missed.

You did a helluva good job here, Coach Choice...THANK YOU!

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c1d59f5567047744df

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am higher and shot for a Clay Mcquire type. But i would not be upset with Cobbs. Now Byrd needs more experience coaching

Mainly I thought of Cobbs not only bc he is ours, but it would also be replacing NFL experience with NFL experience.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I only wish Vito could break a story. GT broke their own story. 

I've come to assume sometimes (or, often) Vito is asked to sit on a story to allow it to be released/revealed as is preferred by the involved party.  I imagine Choice and GT preferred to break the news themselves and Vito - likely knowing the situation fully - allowed them to do so.

As for replacing Choice, there's no question Littrell is well connected in the industry.  I have full faith in his ability to find a great fit for both coaching and recruiting.  It'll be tough to find someone who is as committed as Choice was to growing the players into quality young men off the field, but I also feel Littrell will prioritize this aspect in the interview process as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Best of luck to Coach Choice.  Loved watching his energy and passion for his players.  I wish him nothing but the best in the future since he is going home.

Replacement, I like the idea of Patrick Cobbs.  Already in Denton, alum, NFL experience, loves the school and keeps up with the team.  The only problem is we would lose his season tickets, so we would have to find a new couple to replace those.

• Upvote 2