Mike Ekeler

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, don't have much respect for someone that took a job at our university, was so committed to this job that he didn't buy a home, didn't move his family here and lived in a freaking motor home.

It's the nature of the game. Littrell asked him to do him a solid and he fulfilled his role.

You're taking this way too personally. In the words of the late great Taylor Swift, "shake it off."

It happens everywhere. We are starting to look like a legit school, not a mom and pop shop with pop sitting on the porch for 15 years.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, don't have much respect for someone that took a job at our university, was so committed to this job that he didn't buy a home, didn't move his family here and lived in a freaking motor home.

I think we had an AD, a couple back, who liked in a hotel??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Always funny to me when people demand complete loyalty from positions they would gladly fire if they under performed.

I fully understand the nature of the business being the son of a former coach, but his choice of living basically  said "I don't want to be here," and that he had one foot out the door. Tough to recruit and ask kids to be loyal when you aren't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Always funny to me when people demand complete loyalty from positions they would gladly fire if they under performed.

In your current profession are you in a position over other employees?  If so, do you expect loyalty to the business from them?  If they don't perform to expectations do you fire or reassign them?

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

How often do you hear of co-defensive coordinators?? Co-offensive situations, sure - that's a little more typical. But defense?

I really think Littrell asked him to come and convey a particular part of a scheme for his first year, each party knowing full well that it was a one-stop shop visit sort of deal.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

In your current profession are you in a position over other employees?  If so, do you expect loyalty to the business from them?  If they don't perform to expectations do you fire or reassign them?

Yes, for over 20 years.  If they become so good at their job that other employers offer them more money to go somewhere else then I either need to pay them or wish them luck. And that has happened.

It's silly to expect employees to have the same attachment to this University as alumni do.   You can't expect them to fall in love with the place, and falling in love with this place wouldn't save a coach performing badly.  

Let's say Ron Mendoza fell in love with Denton, wanted to coach at NT the rest of his life, should we over look those terrible defenses because of that? No.  And if we aren't willing to do that, asking a coach to be blindly loyal isn't fair.