Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheColonyEagle

Anthony Wyche looking to Transfer

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Garrison Johnson just decommitted. Little less depth now. 

Six days ago he was recruiting for us on Twitter. Two days ago he was tweeting positives about us during the bowl game.

Life comes at you fast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Has an offer from Syracuse with his former HS coach Kirk Martin. 

He's had that offer for a very long time, and even went on a visit up there.   If he were going to flip to Syracuse, he would have by now.

As for Wyche, dude could never find the field here outside of garbage time.   I seem to remember more poor plays from him than positive ones. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's had that offer for a very long time, and even went on a visit up there.   If he were going to flip to Syracuse, he would have by now.

As for Wyche, dude could never find the field here outside of garbage time.   I seem to remember more poor plays from him than positive ones. 

Probably helps that Syracuse has committed to their coach and their has full commitment to Syracuse, UNT not so much. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Probably helps that Syracuse has committed to their coach and their has full commitment to Syracuse, UNT not so much. 

Lol.   Do you really think Dino Babers is "fully committed" to Syracuse?   That is going to be his last coaching stop until he retires or Syracuse fires him?    Do you really think North Texas is not "fully committed" to Seth Littrell?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lol.   Do you really think Dino Babers is "fully committed" to Syracuse?   That is going to be his last coaching stop until he retires or Syracuse fires him?    Do you really think North Texas is not "fully committed" to Seth Littrell?

Sure I would think so on Barbers, and yes UNT is committed to SL, but he is not committed to UNT except in interviews talking about family. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, untbowler said:

Sure I would think so on Barbers, and yes UNT is committed to SL, but he is not committed to UNT except in interviews talking about family. 

Right.   So NT's & Syracuse's coaching situations are really not all that different.  That's what I was getting at.    No way Johnson backs out of a commitment to NT only to sign with Syracuse in February.   And if it somehow happens, it's because Garrison gambled and lost BADLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyche has ability but also has trouble holding on to the ball.  Probably a good move for him if he wants playing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Six days ago he was recruiting for us on Twitter. Two days ago he was tweeting positives about us during the bowl game.

Life comes at you fast...

The Manvel kid didn’t want to early sign. He wanted to ride our offer until a bigger offer came, if it didn’t come,  he’d sign with us in February. I think he could still end up with us if Seth doesn’t use that scholarship on another player before February. 

It kinda reminds me of the Tauskie Dove situation from last year. Dove had offers from us and a couple other programs but those dried up while he waited on the “big offer”. He ended up having to sign with Tyler juco. Fortunately for him Mizzou ended up finding an opening when another receiver didn’t qualify and so in June he was a very late edition to their 2018 class.

Garrison may well end up at a juco if he holds out too long, but on the other hand, there is always that slight chance a dream offer comes. Little bit of a gamble.

Edited by Cr1028

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he learns how to hold onto his balls.  It is an important football skill for a running back.

I hope you stick around here.  I like your bit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also reminds me of Nikia Jones from last year.  Waited on a big offer he felt he deserved and it never came.  Not sure where he ended up, but he gambled and lost.  No need for us to gamble waiting on him.  Don't want to be here?  Fine, move along and we will as well.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marty said:

Wyche no longer on roster.

Best of luck to Wyche.  He fumbled away several opportunities & guys like Smith, Easly, & Torrey capitalized on theirs.

I think a fresh start will be good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.