Anthony Wyche looking to Transfer

TheColonyEagle

33 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Has an offer from Syracuse with his former HS coach Kirk Martin. 

He's had that offer for a very long time, and even went on a visit up there.   If he were going to flip to Syracuse, he would have by now.

As for Wyche, dude could never find the field here outside of garbage time.   I seem to remember more poor plays from him than positive ones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's had that offer for a very long time, and even went on a visit up there.   If he were going to flip to Syracuse, he would have by now.

As for Wyche, dude could never find the field here outside of garbage time.   I seem to remember more poor plays from him than positive ones. 

Probably helps that Syracuse has committed to their coach and their has full commitment to Syracuse, UNT not so much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Probably helps that Syracuse has committed to their coach and their has full commitment to Syracuse, UNT not so much. 

Lol.   Do you really think Dino Babers is "fully committed" to Syracuse?   That is going to be his last coaching stop until he retires or Syracuse fires him?    Do you really think North Texas is not "fully committed" to Seth Littrell?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lol.   Do you really think Dino Babers is "fully committed" to Syracuse?   That is going to be his last coaching stop until he retires or Syracuse fires him?    Do you really think North Texas is not "fully committed" to Seth Littrell?

Sure I would think so on Barbers, and yes UNT is committed to SL, but he is not committed to UNT except in interviews talking about family. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untbowler said:

Sure I would think so on Barbers, and yes UNT is committed to SL, but he is not committed to UNT except in interviews talking about family. 

Right.   So NT's & Syracuse's coaching situations are really not all that different.  That's what I was getting at.    No way Johnson backs out of a commitment to NT only to sign with Syracuse in February.   And if it somehow happens, it's because Garrison gambled and lost BADLY.

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Six days ago he was recruiting for us on Twitter. Two days ago he was tweeting positives about us during the bowl game.

Life comes at you fast...

The Manvel kid didn’t want to early sign. He wanted to ride our offer until a bigger offer came, if it didn’t come,  he’d sign with us in February. I think he could still end up with us if Seth doesn’t use that scholarship on another player before February. 

It kinda reminds me of the Tauskie Dove situation from last year. Dove had offers from us and a couple other programs but those dried up while he waited on the “big offer”. He ended up having to sign with Tyler juco. Fortunately for him Mizzou ended up finding an opening when another receiver didn’t qualify and so in June he was a very late edition to their 2018 class.

Garrison may well end up at a juco if he holds out too long, but on the other hand, there is always that slight chance a dream offer comes. Little bit of a gamble.

Edited by Cr1028

Also reminds me of Nikia Jones from last year.  Waited on a big offer he felt he deserved and it never came.  Not sure where he ended up, but he gambled and lost.  No need for us to gamble waiting on him.  Don't want to be here?  Fine, move along and we will as well.

• Upvote 4

• 7 months later...