NDSU vs Eastern Washington Championship Game in Frisco

Big Z

27 minutes ago, NM Green said:

I love how Frisco rolls out the carpet for their bowl game. Wish dallas did the same.  Wish Frisco had a 40k stadium. 

Scruffie mcduffies and all those bars are a blast this weekend. 

GMG

The problem with a larger capacity is that the team that plays there the most is just waffling around and not building a meaningful fan base despite a fair amount of on field success. (FC Dallas).

Agreed!  I love my FCD and am excited about season tickets year 3.  But look at Atlanta and Seattle. Those cities are dialed in and it is paying off. 

Not sure what FCD internal is doing but I like Luchi!  I think he is going to be good for the Boys In Red.

DTID

GMG

If we ever played in the Friscl Bowl then there would be a lot of bars restuarants roll out the carpet for us. Way more so than anything in Dallas for the HOD. However, NDSU fans come down here and party for days and days. Our fans don't do that. I live near the Twin Peaks in Frisco, there is a line to get in that week to start beer drinking in the morning. Their fans are everywhere when they play.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTexas said:

If we ever played in the Friscl Bowl then there would be a lot of bars restuarants roll out the carpet for us. Way more so than anything in Dallas for the HOD. However, NDSU fans come down here and party for days and days. Our fans don't do that. I live near the Twin Peaks in Frisco, there is a line to get in that week to start beer drinking in the morning. Their fans are everywhere when they play.

Try going to Tight Ends or Wild Pitch that weekend 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Not sure. My realtor briefly contemplated taking a job out of state and now that piece of crap is dead to me. 

Well if anyone around here told that realtor they'd do business with them and reneged, I'm certainly gonna be openly jubilant about it!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Quoner said:

Well if anyone around here told that realtor they'd do business with them and reneged, I'm certainly gonna be openly jubilant about it!

We got our tails kicked in our bowling league, and I think if my ex-realtor had kept their head in the game instead of flirting with the others and filling out pinmonkey job applications, we'd have won the dang thing. 

Needless to say, I'm confident that my real estate future is bright and this sort of thing will never happen again. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:40 AM, VideoEagle said:

It's an exponentially higher level of commitment of resources. They are consistently the top of FCS. In the MAC, even if they are the best MAC team, they are not even in the top 1/3 of FBS. 

Sagarin has NDSU ranked #24 in nation,Utah State #34, and Toledo #74, highest ranked MAC team.UNT ranked # 80.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, wardly said:

Sagarin has NDSU ranked #24 in nation,Utah State #34, and Toledo #74, highest ranked MAC team.UNT ranked # 80.

Sagarin himself says his rankings between FCS and FBS are HIGHLY variable as there aren't enough games between the two groups. 

The other problem is financial support including fan attendance. Last year, the entire FCS playoff system - all 23 games - drew a total of under 200,000 fans. That's an average of less than 9,000 per game for the playoffs! They currently average 18,000 in a 19,000 "seat" stadium. The quotation marks are because the 19K number includes standing room seats. They need to up that to 30K plus increase travel to get to more FBS opponents plus increase donations, etc. It's tough - see what happened to Idaho. 

Staying where they are, they are a big fish in a small pond. It appears they like that. 

Here are a few references.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4539693-bison-football-playoff-attendance-drop-disappointing

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/16/ap-fbc-fcs-playoff-attendance

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Sagarin himself says his rankings between FCS and FBS are HIGHLY variable as there aren't enough games between the two groups. 

The other problem is financial support including fan attendance. Last year, the entire FCS playoff system - all 23 games - drew a total of under 200,000 fans. That's an average of less than 9,000 per game for the playoffs! They currently average 18,000 in a 19,000 "seat" stadium. The quotation marks are because the 19K number includes standing room seats. They need to up that to 30K plus increase travel to get to more FBS opponents plus increase donations, etc. It's tough - see what happened to Idaho. 

Staying where they are, they are a big fish in a small pond. It appears they like that. 

Here are a few references.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4539693-bison-football-playoff-attendance-drop-disappointing

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/16/ap-fbc-fcs-playoff-attendance

9-3 against FBS opponents 

Including wins over Minnesota, Iowa who was ranked 13 in 2016 when the played, Iowa State, Kansas State and Colorado State.