DRC Monday column: Littrell-Fine title window narrows, causing concerns to rise

Brett Vito

16 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’m sure there’s been one...but I can’t think of any football championship that was ever won without a solid defense and run game.  Can you?

Rick

LOL..... All we do is run it, THROW THE BALL DICKEY!!!! Bring in coach who is Air Raid, SEE I TOLD YOU IF WE JUST RAN THE BALL WE'D WIN MORE GAMES!!!! 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

After 53-13 thumping he should write something happy go lucky, right? 

Psh. 

Then talk about the 52-13 ass kicking.  Instead Vito has to pile on with negative speculation as to what may or may not happen in the future.  Typical.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Mason Fine is special and may be irreplaceable.  

However, this is not the same North Texas team of the pasts, where recruiting top notch QB's was a real problem.    Our staff has been recruiting some pretty good QB talent.   I can almost guarantee that at least one of them is going to be pretty damn good.    Will they be Mason good ?   I don't know.   But, I think we will be happy with what we have coming up through the system.

Other QB's see the success that Mason has had here.    That is a huge selling point and appears to be paying off with this staff.

With that said, you guys are correct.   To become a conference championship team, we need depth and more talent at the other positions (outside of WR and QB right now).

Edited by akriesman

I agree Fine will be hard to replace but I think Martin is the qb for the future.  We don't need a great qb we just need a good one with a great OL to protect him.  When qb have the time to throw they tend to look great.  I think of the LATECH game, we didn't touch their qb all night and he had a career night against us.  He was pretty average in their other games. It all starts up front. I know OL people are hard to find but we have to make it a priority in recruiting.  You can have all the receivers in the world but they do you no good unless the qb has the time.  I dont think I will see another Mason Fine in my lifetime.  

How come it seems like Mason has been here such a short time and Stockstill seems like he has been at MTSU since the 1970's