Positive things from the New Mexico bowl game

Harry

Even though we didn’t get the outcome we hoped for, there was still some good moments that we experienced.

This can be for those who traveled to N.M. or those who went to watching parties or even watched at home.

On the trip I had the pleasure of meeting the Doggett family whose son plays H-back for UNT.  We met at the airport and they kindly offered to let me ride with them in their rent car to the hotel.  Great people and big UNT fans.

32 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I think this forum is a good place to call out the National Anthem at the New Mexico bowl. If you weren't there, this may have been a top 3 highlight besides the TDs. The audio system was acting up as the army sergeant I think (apologies if that isn't correct) was singing. At some point the static and cut outs totally quit, leaving it up to the crowd to pick up the slack. It wasn't a bunch of mumbling, instead it seemed like everyone on both sides of the stadium all joined in and sang like a fine tuned choir. And instead of a bunch of complaining and quick remarks about the audio guy at the end, the whole place applauded each other for a job well done. It was my best star spangled banner experience, ever. Thanks.

Yeah, that was awesome & it happened again w/God Bless America.

The C130 & Blackhawk flyover was awesome as well!

• Upvote 4

I must say that the singing of the National Anthem was moving, it felt good.  The Fly over was cool as well.  The UNT alumni tent, tailgating with UNM fans.  I had a great time.  Too bad about the outcome, we hung with them for a quarter and then.....

Next year's schedule is tough, how about three nine win seasons row!

GO MEAN GREEN

BEAT acu!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

I think this forum is a good place to call out the National Anthem at the New Mexico bowl. If you weren't there, this may have been a top 3 highlight besides the TDs. The audio system was acting up as the army sergeant I think (apologies if that isn't correct) was singing. At some point the static and cut outs totally quit, leaving it up to the crowd to pick up the slack. It wasn't a bunch of mumbling, instead it seemed like everyone on both sides of the stadium all joined in and sang like a fine tuned choir. And instead of a bunch of complaining and quick remarks about the audio guy at the end, the whole place applauded each other for a job well done. It was my best star spangled banner experience, ever. Thanks.

I agree. With all fans singing it was really a moving rendition of our National Anthem. Best ever.

• Upvote 1