Mason Plus Seth Equaled Accelerated Winning

BillySee58

13 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

That poor recruiting at beginning of SL’s career is most evidenced in probably the hardest positions to recruit, offensive and defensive lines. There are a lot of speedy skill position guys out there for the taking, 300+ pound guys who can move their feet, not so much. Our blowout losses last two years have been them shutting down our rushing game and running the ball all over of us due to larger, more athletic lines on both sides. Hard to win those recruiting battles when your program has little respectability. The last two years in my opinion were important to bring us to respectability in the eyes of recruits. This recruiting class and those going forward are so important for the future of this program. 

Those two positions also take the longest time to develop.    We started seeing returns with Manase this year, and Brammer & Parish got some PT, but both need more work.  On DL, Hambone is a star & Novil is going to be as well.    Step back and take a look.  It's not all bad!

We may be writing in 2020 about how awesome the 2016 & 2017 OL classes were after they develop.  Or, we could revisit these threads & find that everyone was right about Littrell's in ability to recruit OL.

• Upvote 1

I think we look like Oklahoma next year, not about to be cleaned out Oklahoma but regular season Oklahoma.

Watching the game on my computer I felt like I was watching last year’s defense only this time we went playing utep utsa and Rice. Usu made it look easy. We looked lost like Arkansas - saw both emotions this year.

still excited about next year. I think mason goes balls to the wall and has us winning crazy shootouts while d struggles we win 55-51. 

Usu and Troy were more complete teams. That is our goal but it doesn’t come next year in my opinion. 

enoy the ride, get matched up in Dallas against a slow offensively challenged team next year and all is well in Greenland again.

GMG

1 minute ago, NM Green said:

I think we look like Oklahoma next year, not about to be cleaned out Oklahoma but regular season Oklahoma.

Watching the game on my computer I felt like I was watching last year’s defense only this time we went playing utep utsa and Rice. Usu made it look easy. We looked lost like Arkansas - saw both emotions this year.

still excited about next year. I think mason goes balls to the wall and has us winning crazy shootouts while d struggles we win 55-51. 

Usu and Troy were more complete teams. That is our goal but it doesn’t come next year in my opinion. 

enoy the ride, get matched up in Dallas against a slow offensively challenged team next year and all is well in Greenland again.

GMG

Not so sure OU gets cleaned out. I think they compete in that game. Bama's weakness is its secondary on defense. OU can and IMO will exploit that. Now, OU's D leaves a lot to be desired and if Tua is right Bama will drop 50 on them with no problem.