Is CUSA the weakest conference in Football?

southsideguy

I am beginning to think that CUSA is the weakest conference in the country. With another blow out loss by us and MT is getting killed I am thinking our conference is pretty much the weak sister conference. I would like to think it was an off game for us but we were totally outmanned today. I can hear the KSU fans now saying "we dodge a bullet". I think SL is a great coach but we need to get an OL line and a DL .   Mason is a great qb but he can't be his best when he is running for his life on almost every play. We have to run better and use plays that will slow down the defense.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

No MAC and CUSA are even. Top sunbelt teams are legit. Top MWC teams are top 25 teams. AAC is overrated.

I'd agree with this assessment.  If you consider ALL teams, CUSA is probably stronger than the Sun Belt, but their best teams are better than our best teams.

5 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I'd agree with this assessment.  If you consider ALL teams, CUSA is probably stronger than the Sun Belt, but their best teams are better than our best teams.

The Belt is better. They have a team that went 2-6 in conference and beat our "champs". Utsa 2-6 beat tx state 1-7 25-21. That's pretty even. Their top 5 outclassed our top 5. Thanks, Judy. Way to elevate us. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

The fact that we are saying the Sun Belt is better is simply ridiculous. 

Coastal Carolina beat the C-USA Champion and Middle just got wrecked by App. State. These facts hurt me my friend. 😢

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Coastal Carolina beat the C-USA Champion and Middle just got wrecked by App. State. These facts hurt me my friend. 😢

I know the facts hurt, but the fact that's we even have to have this discussion is ludicrous. We need a new conference. But any other conference and we'd be a 5 win team. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

AAC is overrated.

You are dead wrong.  I bet you also think UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  They lost their GD quarterback and, hey look, they still curb stomped their opponent unlike other teams (*cough*us*cough*).

The AAC is legit.  All you have to do is look at the parity (Houston losing to SMUt, for example) to see they are a legit conference. We will never touch it as long as SMU is in it.  Not that it matters that much.  Hopefully realignment will come quickly and we can get a new regional conference up and running.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I know the facts hurt, but the fact that's we even have to have this discussion is ludicrous. We need a new conference. But any other conference and we'd be a 5 win team. 

Very true. North Texas is in a tough spot at this point. 

Judy does need to go.  The conference is sliding backwards under her leadership. 

Like byu we don’t want to go back to a strong conference that we have already been in. 

Just weather the storm.

gmg

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

You are dead wrong.  I bet you also think UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  They lost their GD quarterback and, hey look, they still curb stomped their opponent unlike other teams (*cough*us*cough*).

The AAC is legit.  All you have to do is look at the parity (Houston losing to SMUt, for example) to see they are a legit conference. We will never touch it as long as SMU is in it.  Not that it matters that much.  Hopefully realignment will come quickly and we can get a new regional conference up and running.

Funny, when C-USA has parity, people say it signals weakness. Talk about measuring with two different measuring sticks.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NM Green said:

Judy does need to go.  The conference is sliding backwards under her leadership. 

Like byu we don’t want to go back to a strong conference that we have already been in. 

Just weather the storm.

gmg

Yeah, I liked her initially, but I am starting to come around on the commish. I like the basketball scheduling move and even think the new TV contract was pretty okish and thought through (but unlucky given the beIN falling out with Networks disaster).

But for football this conference needs some grander and bolder vision, potentially complete reorganization, somebody who is willing to fight the P5 NCAA organization tooth and nail. I usually like pragmatisim, but I think when it comes to that, pragmatism will get C-USA nowhere. I am starting to think that kind of vision and fight will not come from her.

Edited by outoftown