Guyton a grad transfer?

emmitt01

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m told that Jalen Guyton took part in the graduation ceremony recently.  

My wife’s hairdresser’s husband says he may be a grad transfer candidate.  

Great.  Dude can't catch a ball to save his life and the bean interception was his fault.

EDIT: You wanna downvote me for this?  Great, do it.  I'm not wrong.  That TD catch he had could have been done by any of our receivers.  I really hope he's off the team next year.  Quote me on it.  There has been no player that I've seen give less effort on the field than Jalen Guyton.   Literally none.  Dude is a prima donna.  We would have won some of the games we lost if he had made some GD plays.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 16

7 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Great.  Dude can't catch a ball to save his life and the bean interception was his fault.

EDIT: You wanna downvote me for this?  Great, do it.  I'm not wrong.  That TD catch he had could have been done by any of our receivers.  I really hope he's off the team next year.  Quote me on it.  There has been no player that I've seen give less effort on the field than Jalen Guyton.   Literally none.  Dude is a prima donna.  We would have won some of the games we lost if he had made some GD plays.

Seriously I think the vitriol toward Guyton is mostly misplaced. Yes he has more drops than he should, but seriously, during the Mac era he would still have been NTs number one WR. By a mile. I can't help but think that expectations are simply out of whack with some here.

I can only imagine that it stems from the start of last season when he was electric. Seems many expected that to hold on and even improve instead he regressed a bit to good instead of great FBS WR starter (If you think the average starter is better than that, then you are simply spoiled). That is still good. It would still be a loss if he were to leave. He is way above average when he has the ball, he has speed, he just ought to be better at holding on to it. He still has 54 catches. He averages 15 yards when does have the ball. That is a LOT.  Some seem to take it for granted that this can easily be replaced. But If I watch Young i see the same drops, Lawrence doesn't have the same speed or size, Darden does at least not have the same size, and had a lower workload, plus he already is a starter so NT'd need somebody else for those deep routes.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

There has been no player that I've seen give less effort on the field than Jalen Guyton.   Literally none.  Dude is a prima donna.  We would have won some of the games we lost if he had made some GD plays.

My oh my. How quickly did we forget the final year of Carlos Harris?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

I wish people would lay off beating up on Guyton. This kid was absolutely incredible at catching the football before the concussion. In fact, he made Fine’s numbers look good catching many off target passes from Fine. The hit Guyton took against Army was nothing short of an “assault” and was meant to take him out. It did. It was a serious injury. True he hasn’t been at the same level since, he’s more tentative and from a health standpoint he probably shouldn’t be out there at all. Even so, he is still a very good receiver. 

This.  He needs to retire from the game.  Or decide to be fearless.  There can't be any in between... Which is where he was all season.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

From a health standpoint he shouldn't be out there?  Based on what?  If he is in that condition then I don't think he would be out there. 

I have been hard on Guyton because he drops the routine throw and his body language after these drops. It is nothing more than not focusing. He had a great game against SMU to start the year and then got a case of the drops. I just want him to live up to his rating coming out of high school. I don't think this has anything to do with his concussion from a year ago. 

Give him a work ethic like Johnny Quinn and see what happens. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2