My top 10 things about this year.

UNTexas

1. Started really strong and then fell apart. This team cannot perform against winning teams or meaningful games.

2. We were embarrassed on national TV today. Please don't say we lost Fine. We did. We had no real back up for him and our D was awful, our center forgot how to shotgun snap, and we were out coached, especially on Special Teams.

3. As predicted, the turnout to this game was awful, pathetic on tv, so for our fans who think a sell out at smaller venues such as Frisco is bad for a team that has never sold out, y'all need perspective. It was really crap on tv.

4. Our team was out of shape. Don't say elevation either. I grew up in mountains and played at UNT. We were gassed at the end of the 1st. The Strength Coaches need to do better.8

5. To show how meaningful our game was, anyone on tv missed the beginning for a regular season basketball game. (I find drying paint more entertaining than the last 5 minutes of a game that consists of 50 fouls and time outs.)

6. ESPN sucks

7. I hate to say it but our team gave the NT haters all the ammo they need. We are not a emergent G5 program. 3rd or 4th in CUSA really and we have a long way to go.

8. Our backup QB who thinks its cute to paint his face needs to grow up. This isn't peewee and people were talking about how stupid he looked. I agreed we them. Dress the part.

9. Most important, we need depth and leadership on the field. Right now, we have liitle of both if 1 player exits.

10. 3 bowls in 3 years is great. 3 losses with 2 being blow outs is embarrassing. UNT can't win when it counts these days.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

• Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

1. Started really strong and then fell apart. This team cannot perform against winning teams or meaningful games.

2. We were embarrassed on national TV today. Please don't say we lost Fine. We did. We had no real back up for him and our D was awful, our center forgot how to shotgun snap, and we were out coached, especially on Special Teams.

3. As predicted, the turnout to this game was awful, pathetic on tv, so for our fans who think a sell out at smaller venues such as Frisco is bad for a team that has never sold out, y'all need perceptive. It was really crap on tv.

4. Our team was out of shape. Don't say elevation either. I grew up in mountains and played at UNT. We were gassed at the end of the 1st. The Strength Coaches need to do better.8

5. To show how meaningful our game was, anyone on tv missed the beginning for a regular season basketball game. (I find drying paint more entertaining than the last 5 minutes of a game that consists of 50 fouls and time outs.)

6. ESPN sucks

7. I hate to say it but our team gave the NT haters all the ammo they need. We are not a emergent G5 program. 3rd or 4th in CUSA really and we have a long way to go.

8. Our backup QB who thinks its cute to paint his face needs to grow up. This isn't peewee and people were talking about how stupid he looked. I agreed we them. Dress the part.

9. Most important, we need depth and leadership on the field. Right now, we have liitle of both if 1 player exits.

10. 3 bowls in 3 years is great. 3 losses with 2 being blow outs is embarrassing. UNT can't win when it counts these days.

Unless you are as old as I am, you did not play on a better NT team.  DD's teams would have been blown out.  Utah State was a much better team no doubt.  

Attendance, no one expected a big crowd.  I guess if NT can't play within the metroplex, they should just stay home.  

NT got clobbered by a much better team, the only slim chance NT had was a heathy Fine and Bussey having outstanding games.  

As for Martin, I love his enthusiasm and I am sure not worried about what other people think. 

It was a bad day for NT against a superior team.  True, NT's performance in big games has to be improved to get the program moving forward.   However, two years ago; beating any team was problematic.  (Can't wait to hear all the old Denton references)

This is a relatively young team with about 45 players that will return getting playing time.   This plus the best rated recruiting class in fifteen years should spell next year success.   

I was disappointed as you were in the score, however I certainly was not surprised.   

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 6