Well on to next season!

southsideguy

This one ended very poorly so all we can do is regroup and get better next year.   I hope next year when and if we have a big lead or we are being blown out and our backup qbs are in the game they need to throw the ball instead of just handing it off.  When Fine goes down we have no one with any real experience to lead the team and is use to the speed of the game. Exhibit A-New Mexico Bowl.  When Quinn came in the first time if we would have thrown the ball everyone would be caught off guard.  Instead, we run and everyone is waiting for it. Overall it was an exciting season and I will look forward to the next.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

This one ended very poorly so all we can do is regroup and get better next year.   I hope next year when and if we have a big lead or we are being blown out and our backup qbs are in the game they need to throw the ball instead of just handing it off.  When Fine goes down we have no one with any real experience to lead the team and is use to the speed of the game. Exhibit A-New Mexico Bowl.  When Quinn came in the first time if we would have thrown the ball everyone would be caught off guard.  Instead, we run and everyone is waiting for it. Overall it was an exciting season and I will look forward to the next.

Yep.  I'll sleep tonight knowing we can be disappointed in losing a bowl game against a quality opponent vs. wondering how we couldn't scrap together a .500 season.  #GMG

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I agree to the point we had a decent season and have some things to be proud of. 

We were on to next season before this game. Fumbles, poor snaps, failing to tackle. We lacked preparation and just purely didn’t come to play.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Plus New Mexico - tell me who wasn’t disappointed with that. I mean I planned everything around the 26th even staying overseas until the 21st.  Solid crowd today! Impressed.

But this game had let’s come out on top and rebuild the confidence of the team and fan base in 2019. I definitely don’t want Littrell ruining another bowl prep like this year. The Magic was slipping leading into utsa and fell off the map in early December. He’s young and learned some things this year. It’s easier to give up on a section of a team than an entire team and fan base. That is the feeling I had as a long time fan. I still would have rather been stateside to travel to New Mexico but wasn’t crushed like I normally am when the dates didn’t work out. 

So let’s take a break from 2018. We will reflect fondly on most of 2018. But I need a break and it appears the whole team and staff do too.

gmg

• Downvote 1

As down as I feel at the moment, it was a good season.  I am worried about CUSA and its relevance compared to the other G5 conferences, but there's not much we can do about that.  For some ****y reason, SMUt is in American and not us.  Before the bowl game, I said I wanted to wait until the bowl outcomes to determine if CUSA was as bad as some other have said it was on this forum. They seem to be correct.  CUSA is bad and the level of competition did not help us in bowl season.  In fact, the team got worse as the year went on and it got worse as we played worse opponents.  You could point to a lot of things but at the end of the day Seth has to eat this one.  I am an ardent supporter of him and the turnaround he has made at this school, but the bowl performance was embarrassing.  It was worse than the NO bowl last year.  We must do better. And we must be able to field a line that can stop the pass rush. I'm glad Murray is done at LT. Dude couldn't block to save his GD life.