Our players were not game day ready!

TCC Mean Green

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We’re y’all watching the same game as me?

I imagine UTSt likely would have looked like us if Love went down in the 1st quarter instead of Fine.

Fine doesn’t play defense. Just sayin.....

• Upvote 2

Lots of cool and creative excuses here, but that is all they are...excuses. I don’t mind losing to a clearly better team, but I do mind losing like we did. We were never in this game...with or without Mason.  When in Mason was running for his life. He had one nice pocket protection play early where he overthrew our wide open receiver for a missed TD opportunity. Yes, it made a difference when he went out...of course it did, but Mason does not play defense and Utah State are our defense up! Period! They did anything they wanted pretty much from the opening tip.

Just a bad day for the Mean Green. They just did not seem ready to go.

It is a process and while the process seems to come to a screeching halt at Bowl game time, it is a process. The coaching staff is also learning, and as we saw today...still a good bit of learning to go.

It will be interesting to see how many coaches stay for next season.

Really disappointed in how we looked today. Had a chance to showcase a rising program on national tv again today...dropped the ball again.  Well, next year..on to next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Lots of cool and creative excuses here, but that is all they are...excuses. I don’t mind losing to a clearly better team, but I do mind losing like we did. We were never in this game...with or without Mason.  When in Mason was running for his life. He had one nice pocket protection play early where he overthrew our wide open receiver for a missed TD opportunity. Yes, it made a difference when he went out...of course it did, but Mason does not play defense and Utah State are our defense up! Period! They did anything they wanted pretty much from the opening tip.

Just a bad day for the Mean Green. They just did not seem ready to go.

It is a process and while the process seems to come to a screeching halt at Bowl game time, it is a process. The coaching staff is also learning, and as we saw today...still a good bit of learning to go.

It will be interesting to see how many coaches stay for next season.

Really disappointed in how we looked today. Had a chance to showcase a rising program on national tv again today...dropped the ball again.  Well, next year..on to next year.

Your offense is your defenses best friend or worst enemy. Today they were an enemy. Bad spots, though we won TOP it didn't feel like it. 4 TO's. Any defense will start to see the writing on the wall and just starts to fold 1 snap at a time. 

Coaching was atrocious. I'm starting to feel like a broken record. Not a good sign. 

12 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Fine doesn’t play defense. Just sayin.....

Helps when the opposing team is constantly starting on NTs side of the field due to blocked punts & interceptions/fumbles.  Defense can’t stop those from happening!

Their run game killed us as their OL basically picked up every single block every time, and their pass game was good, but not great.  They were able to stretch the field like we would have if Mason was in.

This game would not have ended anywhere remotely like it did with the heart & soul (never mind OPOY) of the team injured in the 1st quarter.