And The Team That Refuses To Run The Damn Ball Gets It’s Ass Kicked!!!

FirefightnRick

9 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Honest question - how many teams really give game reps of any substance to backup QBs throughout the season. Consequental reps that matter? Especially teams that have an all world QB helping to put their program on the map....

Very few.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

What did you tell us?  I mean seriously, we were basically one dimensional once Fine got hurt. 

I posted this thread in reference to the series before Fine got hurt.  

Our defense $hit the bed on the first play and we come out without an ounce of patience, chunking the ball, not establishing a drive and putting our defense right back on the field.  

Then when we did hand off it was that same lame-ass delay draw between the tackles on short yardage.  

No sweeps, no misdirection, no getting Torrey the ball in space.

Then Mason is forced out of the pocket and gets hurt.

Pitiful!

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Honest question - how many teams really give game reps of any substance to backup QBs throughout the season. Consequental reps that matter? Especially teams that have an all world QB helping to put their program on the map....

I believe that Love rarely played in the fourth quarter this year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

That looked to me to be a smart group of EXTREMELY UNDER PAID people on the other sidelines today.  

If people missed the first part of this game at home they missed seeing what looked to be a fired up, MOST EXCITED TO PLAY USU team vs a slow, unprepared, mistake-riddled....unexcited NT team team.

Rick

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, laxtonto said:

So you are telling me a team with one first down in the first half is struggling to run the ball? Shocked I say, shocked.

No Fine, no Rico, no reason to USU to not press up and stop the run.

We had no plan to run the ball from the very beginning of the game, which is what I was referencing when I posted this.  

But even late....snapping it and falling down three times before punting it away would have been better than what occurred..

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Check out the scores of their games versus our results. They had many more opportunities than us to sit their QB. 

Sadly, Love wasn't that impressive to me. They won the game on the lines.