***OFFICIAL 2018 New Mexico Bowl Game Thread***

RiseUNT

3 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Snapping over the head 3 to 4 times, snapping low another 2-3 is picture book beating yourself. 4 Turnovers is beating yourself.

When our defense gets turnovers, we don't say the other team is beating themselves, right? Somebody forced those turnovers in almost every case.

And look, i'm as disappointed as anybody right now, but it's 52-13, man. That ain't 5 bad snaps. That's an all around ass kicking. Sucks, but it's true. 

And yeah yeah, it's not THE reason, it shouldn't have been THIS bad... but losing one of the best WRs in the nation and one of the most transcendent players in the history of your program... that hurts against RICE, much less a legit strong team like USU. We don't appreciate how damn valuable the Chief really is. We're lucky as hell to have him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

When our defense gets turnovers, we don't say the other team is beating themselves, right? Somebody forced those turnovers in almost every case.

And look, i'm as disappointed as anybody right now, but it's 52-13, man. That ain't 5 bad snaps. That's an all around ass kicking. Sucks, but it's true. 

And yeah yeah, it's not THE reason, it shouldn't have been THIS bad... but losing one of the best WRs in the nation and one of the most transcendent players in the history of your program... that hurts against RICE, much less a legit strong team like USU. We don't appreciate how damn valuable the Chief really is. We're lucky as hell to have him. 

Yep. One of those games where we had to have him to find the open receivers and open up the running game a bit. We would have needed a lot of points to beat this team regardless.

At this point what I am most excited about in the 2018 class is not the fancy LBs and skill players. Its 3 3* OLinemen. May take a moment for them all to get on the field, but I feel like that kind of recruiting is what NT really needs to get better long term.

With the quality of the OLine today one has to wonder whether one of them might not force the staff to play him right away

Edited by outoftown

Whooo boy. I've never spent money to see the mean green and regretted it. Today may have changed that. What a shit show.  

Let's sign this class and keep improving. We have a long way to go.

ETA: I hope everyone who keeps thinking we're going to find another Fine easily got a wake up call today. We're a 3 win team without him.

What are our bowl scores under Littrell? Something like 120 to 50 or something crazy like that. Bring back UNLV. 

Another offseason bad taste in the mouth.  Troy or usu better?  I gotta be honest I think Troy still gets the nod.  No way you slice it unt didn’t belong on the field with either. 

Ready to turn this seasons page.

Gmg

• Thanks 1

Fine took himself out with the sprint, help from the disastrous center, Littrell’s moonlighting, Harrell being Harrell, Wren not getting us out of New Mexico, Albuquerque air, Jordan, Maile The Man, December 15...so many culprits in this last episode of fansville.

gMg

• Lovely Take 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Wow.  What an ugly trophy.  I don't mind not having to put that in the trophy case. 

I've always kinda liked it.  There are much worse...that look like they're made out of the cheapest plastic possible.  At least New Mexico's is kinda unique.

• Upvote 2

Agree, we seem to be biting off more than we can chew in the bowl games outside of the DFW area. Call me a Homer, but the Heart of Dallas (now First  Responder Bowl) has been good to the Mean Green Nation. We beat UNLV in a great game in '15 and took Army to OT in '16, another great game.  I know a lot of folks will say that we have to branch out in the bowls to get respect, but really, how much respect have we gotten from last year and now today? BTW, still love Mean Green !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Why do you think this is going to hurt recruiting?  If anything recruits should know they have a big chance to play early.  

You want to play for a team that wins championships. If we had your mind set we would be happy being a bottom feeder just to tell kids they can play early. Old Denton thinking 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, koscott1966 said:

Agree, we seem to be biting off more than we can chew in the bowl games outside of the DFW area. Call me a Homer, but the Heart of Dallas (now First  Responder Bowl) has been good to the Mean Green Nation. We beat UNLV in a great game in '15 and took Army to OT in '16, another great game.  I know a lot of folks will say that we have to branch out in the bowls to get respect, but really, how much respect have we gotten from last year and now today? BTW, still love Mean Green !!!

I actually agree with this. Stay as close to home as you can where fans can travel in full force and players are comfortable. We should be doing everything we can to get a bowl near the DFW area. 

• Upvote 2