***OFFICIAL 2018 New Mexico Bowl Game Thread***

RiseUNT

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

This game shows the good and bad of our coaching staff.  The good is that we've won a lot more games the past few years than you would expect from our talent level.  The bad is that, until this year, we didn't recruit good enough talent. 

I still have my concerns about the level of talent we are getting in the trenches. We have to get much better on both lines.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

SL is 0-3 in bowl games. Prolong him a year, but no need to increase to more than the 1.4 million he is already got. Really none.

I'm not sure we could do any better... We're one bad coach hire away from being back in the cellar. Remember 3 years removed from 1-11. I totally get the frustration though. 

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Unless there is a awesome turnaround, SL is 0-3 in bowl games, two of which were embarrassments.. Prolong him a year, but no need to increase to more than the 1.4 million he is already got. Really none.

To be fair, Fine was out for the first bowl game which we lost in OT.  A healthy Fine and we win that game going away.  

Utah St. is just bigger, faster, stronger than us. They are the best team we've played all year.  

• Upvote 2