***OFFICIAL 2018 New Mexico Bowl Game Thread***

RiseUNT

On paper, this is the best team they have faced all year.   I know our guys are going to give it their all today.  They will need to bring energy and their 'A' game today to win this thing.   That includes coaches and players.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

It's... literally the next line in our fight song that I was continuing from @drex.

But it literally does not mean it as you posted it.  Our university is not so thick-headed as to feature a logical impossibility in its fight song.

Victory’s in store, but whate’er the score,
Our team will ever fight.

https://traditions.unt.edu/tradition/traditions-spirit#fight-song

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

31 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

But it literally does not mean it as you posted it.  Our university is not so thick-headed as to feature a logical impossibility in its fight song.

https://traditions.unt.edu/tradition/traditions-spirit#fight-song

15 years in and I have never heard, read, or sung the “, but”. I always enjoyed it as a notion of ‘enjoy and learn in the process, whatever the outcome’ kind of mantra.

But, TIL.