FIU's Phillips played all season despite warrant

StealthEagle84

Something I realized after reading this is we do not see many or possibly any arrests coming from the UNT football team as of late. I remember Mac’s teams would always have a guy here and a guy there busted for Public Intox, Shoplifting, etc... but I can’t remember the last player to be caught for something like that. And if they did, SL was quick to let them go from the team. 

I am proud of the men that SL and staff are molding. I mean look at the leaders of this team. Would you really think they would associate themselves with that kind of lifestyle? They know they have bigger things to do in life. It’s a shame we had even leaders of our football team a few years ago that would engage in criminal behavior like that. 

For FIU, I would be ashamed of this. Time to cut him and move on. No excuse for this at all. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Something I realized after reading this is we do not see many or possibly any arrests coming from the UNT football team as of late. I remember Mac’s teams would always have a guy here and a guy there busted for Public Intox, Shoplifting, etc... but I can’t remember the last player to be caught for something like that. And if they did, SL was quick to let them go from the team. 

I am proud of the men that SL and staff are molding. I mean look at the leaders of this team. Would you really think they would associate themselves with that kind of lifestyle? They know they have bigger things to do in life. It’s a shame we had even leaders of our football team a few years ago that would engage in criminal behavior like that. 

For FIU, I would be ashamed of this. Time to cut him and move on. No excuse for this at all. 

It seem SL does deal with issues quickly and professionally.  The last thing I want to happen is some sort of public scandal that taints all the progress that's been made.  I enjoy celebrating the wins, but I don't want to be in the position of feeling like success has to be defended if non-sense makes the headlines.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

I feel like Dickey had the worst teams when it came to arrests. My roommate often told me that Dickey never really cared about that sort of thing.