SMU has lost QB Hicks

Harry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Why would Arkansas start him in front of a younger QB?  This makes no sense at all.

It might make sense IF Morris needs someone who knows the system and can execute AND teach. If Hicks takes on a role starter/teacher where he's going to be starting but with the knowledge the backups are coming in some no matter what he does. Hicks has shown if he's got good receivers he can get the ball to them in Morris' system. Losing those receivers and changing systems was more that he could handle. 

I didn't watch a full minute of an Arkansas game after we played them so I have no idea how their backup QBs progressed. But in our game they were terrible and IF the Arkansas receivers are good then Hick would be an upgrade. It could buy Morris a year more to develop some QBs of his own. I don't know of a college that's done this, but several NFL teams have brought in a QB just to help teach.

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

I didn't watch a full minute of an Arkansas game after we played them so I have no idea how their backup QBs progressed. But in our game they were terrible and IF the Arkansas receivers are good then Hick would be an upgrade. It could buy Morris a year more to develop some QBs of his own. I don't know of a college that's done this, but several NFL teams have brought in a QB just to help teach.

Arkansas QBs threw for a combined 2300 yards, 17 TDS and 18 INTs.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why would Arkansas start him in front of a younger QB?  This makes no sense at all.

Never hurts to have depth at a position like QB, especially when the other QBs are such garbage at Ark. 

23 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

This is the greatest thing on the internet of College Football today. I disturbed my coworkers because I laughed so hard.

• Haha 2