2019 Conference games announced

TheReal_jayD

DALLAS - North Texas will take on Middle Tennessee and Charlotte in the 2019 and 2020 seasons as its divisional crossover opponents, Conference USA announced Wednesday.

The cross-division opponents for the next two seasons are part of an eight-year rotation that will see every school from one division play every school from the other division home and away one time by the end of the cycle.

UNT will host Middle Tennessee and travel to Charlotte in 2019, while heading to Murfreesboro, Tennessee and hosting the 49ers in the 2020 season. The Mean Green last hosted Middle Tennessee, the 2018 Eastern Division champion, during the 2016 season and North Texas is slated to make its first trip to Charlotte next season.

Additionally, all 2019 intra-division games will take place at the opposite location of the 2018 meeting.

Dates for all 2019 games will be announced sometime later this winter. The 2019 campaign is a 14-week playing season, beginning the weekend of August 31 and ending November 30.  The league's 15th annual Championship Game is expected to be played on Saturday, December 7.

Link:  https://meangreensports.com/news/2018/12/12/football-2019-20-c-usa-crossover-opponents-released.aspx

Feels like that softens our schedule a bit. MTSU will have to replace Stockstill and we get them at home. Not sure what Charlotte has but they'll have a new coach.

On the other hand: La Tech has FIU and goes to Marshall

Southern Miss goes to FAU 

On the surface, their crossovers look a little more challenging. Especially La Tech

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

So that makes our line-up:

Home
Abilene Christian
Houston
UTSA
UAB
UTEP
MTSU

Away
SMU
California
Rice
LA Tech
Southern Miss
Charlotte

I think we got a good shot at getting back to the C-USA championship game.

ACU, UTSA, UTEP, UAB, MTSU, SMU, Rice, SoMiss, Charlotte

I think 9-3 sounds about right

I'd go conservative though and say 8-4

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure how it will play out. It seems like a tougher schedule than this year's. The combination of Houston and Cal, and SMU in Dallas scares me a little. We could be looking at three losses before we even start considering conference games like UAB, LaTech, SoMiss.

If UNT of the first half of 2018 shows up, 9-3 (Houston, Cal, and a random CUSA game). If its the other 2018 UNT team shows up, we could be looking at a near .500 team.

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

ACU, UTSA, UTEP, UAB, MTSU, SMU, Rice, SoMiss, Charlotte

I think 9-3 sounds about right

I'd go conservative though and say 8-4

ACU, UTSA, UTEP, MTSU, SMU, Rice, SoMiss, Charlotte

i see an 8-4 season, losing to UAB as well

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

UAB is losing everything off their roster. Next year will be a struggle for them. 

I was curious why everything thought we could get 10 wins on the schedule with Houston, Cal and UAB. Plus, even if we win one of the above, there's always a random loss that shouldn't happen (e.g. ODU, 2018)

20 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Feels like that softens our schedule a bit. MTSU will have to replace Stockstill and we get them at home. Not sure what Charlotte has but they'll have a new coach.

On the other hand: La Tech has FIU and goes to Marshall

Southern Miss goes to FAU 

On the surface, their crossovers look a little more challenging. Especially La Tech

I will take the schedule. MTSU is a really consistent team. They are good most years. Charlotte is a new team we haven't faced. I much rather play this schedule than WKU, Marshall, and MTSU that we had to play in 15 and 16. All 3 of those teams were arguably the best 3 teams in CUSA during that span. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Spencer Brown will still be there though.  Outside of Motor, he's the best RB in C-USA.
But yeah, they're going to hurt pretty bad with just about all of their other good players graduating.

Looks like the kid that stepped in for Erderly is gonna be pretty good though.

If you have a QB in this league you have a chance.

• Upvote 1

Something to consider too... If we can pull out a win this Saturday, and win some of those OOC games next year.  We could be looking at sniffing the top 25 heading into conference play.  

I think this sets up well for a big year for the Mean Green.

This may be too soon to say this... Could be a really nice farewell tour for Fine and Littrell

GMG!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

So that makes our line-up:

Home
Abilene Christian
Houston
UTSA
UAB
UTEP
MTSU

Away
SMU
California
Rice
LA Tech
Southern Miss
Charlotte

I think we got a good shot at getting back to the C-USA championship game.

Houston will probably be our first sell out crowd. That's going to be a sight to see.